Recipe: Pink Lemonade Jello Shots
I had a blast at the GMG/Bodin Photo Spring Fling. Happy to get to meet everyone and hang with the GMG crew. If you were there hopefully you got to have one of the pink lemonade jello shots I made before they were all consumed.
Here’s the very simple step by step recipe:
(Makes about 40 jello shot slices)
What you’ll need:
1 package of jello ( I used strawberry/banana)
1 cup of vodka
1. Wash Lemons, cut in half, and scoop out fruit (I put the lemon guts in the freezer for future use)
2. Place lemon haves upright in a cake pan or similar pan (make sure it fits in the fridge)
3. Follow the directions on the Jello box and make the Jello, but instead of 1 cup cold water, replace with 1 cup vodka
4. Once jello is mixed pour into the lemon “cups”, try to fill to brim
5. Put in fridge to set (usually 4 hrs)
6. When Jello is firm take out and use a sharp knife to slice the halfs in half, so you have nice 1/4 slices.
Some Notes: The Jello will take on the flavor of the lemon rind & vodka. Depending on the size of the lemons you may need another Jello box to fill all 10 lemons. You can also use limes or oranges- try red jello & limes and add black sesame seeds to look like little watermelon slices.
I think for our next GMG shindig I’ll make Orange Jello shots with Vanilla vodka- A la Creamsicles!