We were told that yesterday’s Cape Ann Symphony’s 65th Anniversary Season concert “Romantic Masters” was the orchestra’s most sold out March concert, ever. Great job, Heidi Dallin, on promotion!
My son spotted Heidi’s name in the playbill and Yellow Sub, along with many other local names and arts supporters. It takes a village.
By the way– kids tickets are $5 at these concerts. Area schools benefit from Cape Ann Symphony performance outreach.
Cape Ann Symphony’s next concert is: SCANDINAVIAN SPECTACULAR Saturday, March 20, 2017 8PM
Before setting off into the next piece, Musical Director & Conductor Yoichi Udagawa breaks down a mini music lesson excerpt with the orchestra. He has a signature foot lift when he conducts.
Here’s a snippet of glorious music. Can you name that tune?
Hungry? Pack light. You’ll pass great sandwich shops, locally owned and operated, en route to Gloucester’s magnificent beaches. Jeff’s Variety can set you up for a good lunch to go wherever you’re headed including Good Harbor Beach, Long Beach, or the back shore. Jeff says that there are many repeat customers that come back each and every season–for years–on their way to Good Harbor Beach. IF you have a big group, you can order trays with finger sandwiches. Sandwich platters featuring Virgilio’s rolls need at least two days notice to prepare. They’re open Sundays. What else? “Yes!” the answer to my question if they have plenty of call ahead requests from cars caught in traffic. Passengers calling only, please!
Scroll down the post for a one-stop, sub-shopping Gloucester directory with phone numbers and links. I could add in our favorite choices from each place.
GLOUCESTER BEACHES SANDWICH DIRECTORY
*the great 2013 Good Morning Gloucester Italian sub winners
on the way to Gloucester’s GOOD HARBOR BEACH
on the way to Gloucester/ Rockport LONG BEACH
on the way downtown headed in any direction to Gloucester beaches: Pavilion, Cressy, Half Moon, Niles, Good Harbor
- Cafe Sicilia (978) 283-7345 sandwiches and pizza slices
- Cave (978) 283-0896 for baguette/cheese French picnic style fare
- Cupboard (978) 281-1908
- *Destino’s Subs
- Cape Ann Farmer’s Market (Thursdays) fresh produce & baguette/cheese French picnic style fare
- *Jeff’s Variety (978) 281-5800
- Leonardo’s (978) 281-7882
- Last Stop (978) 281-2616
- Mike’s (978) 282-0777
- Morning Glory (978) 281-1851
- Poseidons (978) 290-4313
- *Sclafanis (978) 283-6622
- *Virgilios (978) 283-5295
- Yellow Sub Shop (978) 281-2217
on the way to Gloucester’s NILES BEACH
- Last Stop (978) 281-2616
- Sailor Stan’s to go (978) 281-4470
on the way to Gloucester’s PLUM COVE BEACH / ANNISQUAM/ LANESVILLE
- Captain Hooks (978) 282-4665
- Plum Cove Grind (978) 281-3377
- Willow Rest sub and/or the farmer’s market fresh produce, cheese, specialty prepared meals picnic option (978)283-2417
on the way to Gloucester’s WINGAERSHEEK BEACH
- main concession stand at Gloucester’s Wingaersheek beach (978) 281-9785
- Annie’s Variety (978) 283-2887
- Marshall’s Farm Stand (picnic route rather than sandwich counter) (978) 283-2168 (pints of fruit, munchies, loaf artisan bread, mozzarella specialty cheeses)
I haven’t forgotten Magnolia–just missing Magnolia’s House of Pizza. ON Mondays there’s Cape Ann Farmer’s market for Magnolia. “M” for Mondays, “M” for Magnolia.
Yellow Sub Shop makes these native shrimp subs. Now that’s an easy way to enjoy our local shrimp without even having to cook them!