Pick #1: Rotary Club of Rockport’s Lobsterfest
The Rotary Club of Rockport Presents….LOBSTERFEST 2016!
- Date: Saturday, August 13 from 3-7 PM (rain or shine)
- Location: American Legion Hall Bandstand at Scenic Back Beach-Rockport, MA
- Tickets: $25—includes Hot Boiled Lobster, Clam Chowder, Corn-on-the-Cob, Roll, Watermelon & Soda /Water
- There will also be a cash menu of burgers, hot dogs, chips, beer & wine.
- Live entertainment by “Stillhouse Down”
- Tickets are available at: John Tarr Store, Village Silversmith or from any Rockport Rotarian. Advanced tickets recommended. For information/tickets call 603-721-1038
or visit our web site at: http://www.rockportrotary.org
- Proceeds to benefit Rockport Rotary Club Community and International Service Project.
The Lobsterfest will be followed by the Town of Rockport’s fourth annual fireworks show, and the town will be illuminated for the occasion. Come for the day and enjoy the fun!
Pick #2: And Then….Fireworks
As dusk descends on Rockport, settle in at Back Beach and the American Legion Bandstand to watch the fourth annual summertime fireworks display over Sandy Bay. The fireworks display will follow the Rockport Rotary Club’s Lobsterfest, a unique annual outdoor dining and fundraising event at the Legion Bandstand, serving boiled lobster, clam chowder and more from 3 to 7 pm.
Location: Old Granite Pier, Sandy Bay, 16 Wharf Road, dusk
* In case of inclement weather and the need to cancel, Rockport Fireworks will be updating their plans on their Facebook page. See that HERE!
Pick #3: Cape Ann Museum’s Second Saturday: Traveling Cape Ann
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13
11:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
Bring the kids! Make a postcard inspired by the Museum’s collection of historic cards written by vacationers telling of their adventures on Cape Ann.
The second Saturday of every month is free for families with school-aged children. Families are invited to the Activity Center to participate in hands-on activities that delve into the art, history and culture of the region. Each Second Saturday focuses on a specific theme based on the Museum’s collection and/or special exhibitions.
As always, for a more comprehensive list of family friendly activities, please visit our friends at North Shore Kids