As part of the Gloucester Public School District Arts Festival last weekend, students’ art was on display at the library, across the street from City Hall. Here are a few photos of the exhibit there. Click on any of the photos to see it bigger.
Unfortunately, it seems that some or all of the art has already been taken down. Some of it was really amazing!
Jane Cunningham writes-
This is a small sampling of the art. We have approximately 3200 students in our district. Look for more digital art displays around town starting the week of April 18th. Venues include the Sawyer Free Library, Cape Ann Museum, Cape Ann Community Cinema, and a few surprise places as well.
Thanks again for supporting arts in Gloucester.
You rock, Jane
1st Annual Cape Ann Public Schools
• All Cape Ann Students ages 6-19 are invited to participate.
• Videos will be judged in three age categories: Elementary, Middle and High Schools.
• There is no limit to the number of students participating on a video.
• Selected entries may be shown at various locations during the Gloucester Public School District Arts
Festival on Saturday May 7, 2011 at the Cape Ann Community Cinema, 21 Main Street, Gloucester.
Rules & Submission Checklist
1. An opening Title Screen and Closing Credits are required.
2. The video must run 3 – 5 minutes.
3. Please NO NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES.
4. Copyrighted material must be acknowledged in video credits
5. Record your entry on a DVD and label it with contact information.
6. Please include a typed copy of the script (if any) and list of students participating with school’s affiliation. Include the email
address, home address and phone number of one Participant in the video Project.
7. DVD submissions will not be returned but pickup may be arranged. We reserve the right to post all or portions of all
submissions on School System Web Sites, the Gloucester Education Foundation (GEF) website and videos may be shown at
various Gloucester Public School District, GEF and Cape Ann Community Cinema functions.
8. No video that portrays a minor will be publically shown without a signed release form from that minor’s parent or guardian.
9. Submit to Gloucester Education Foundation, 33 Commercial St, Third Floor, Gloucester, MA 01930.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE DVD IS SATURDAY APRIL 30, 2011
• STORY: Your Film should have a point, tell a story even if it’s a documentary.
• GENRE: Drama, Comedy, Documentary
• PRESENTATION: Film quality, Lighting and Sound.
• CREATIVITY: Use your imagination
• SPECIAL EFFECTS: Props, Music, Sound and FX
• EDITING: Story Telling, Transitions, Graphics Titles, Subtitles and Closing Credits.
For more information please contact: email@example.com