GLOUCESTER 18up and Under30: COOK UP SOME GOOD ART THIS SEMESTER and let your hometown buy Thanksgiving Break Pop Up Art Fair
Cat Ryan submits-
Check out this great idea! Pauline Bresnahan, artist owner Pauline’s Gifts, mom of three (one a 4th generation Gloucester artist herself) had this great idea to help kids with the business side of art.
Gloucester College Students
Thanksgiving Break Pop Up Art Fair sale and exhibit
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on how grateful you are and remember others. We want to thank you by celebrating your art. Home for the holidays- or not- here’s a chance to show what you’ve done and add an exhibit to your CV! Way better than calling your mother. But do that, too.
Where: the HIVE part of Art Haven (established 2008!) amazing arts center is the host venue, 11 Pleasant Street, Gloucester, MA 01930.
When: One day only, Saturday 11/28/15, from 4-8pm, Thanksgiving break weekend
It’s also “Small Business Saturday” – just after Black Friday. Come downtown and support our local shops and young artists. BONUS! 8pm is still early night for young creatives
Who: Gloucester creative collegiates, recent grads, 18 up and under 30
What: Exhibit a sample of your art, any media (sculptor, song writer, musician, poet, jeweler, dancer, graphic designer, ceramicist) Take us from “Hey my kid could do that” to “Hey my kid did that!” and “I want it!” We’ll help figure out the display if you can’t. You are responsible for delivery and take away. Stay in touch for more information.
We’re in the ‘save the date’ early planning stage and hope:
· that you can be there in person to experience the pop up art fair exhibit and celebration, host your ‘booth’, network, and more. If you can’t your art can (and your friends and family at home can drop by. More than turkey for the empty nesters.)
· that you can sell something
· that a digital one page tear sheet for each artist is created
· that you buddy up with one TAG artist
· that a directory is fostered – like an alumni news so you can together share contacts and expertise, friendship, and that you can build a contact list of people interested in your work
· Did you know that Pauline’s daughter, Kate, David Brooks (founder Art Haven) and Leon Doucette (currently working at Cape Ann Museum) graduated the same year from Gloucester High? What other local news will we learn?
Contact: Email Pauline Bresnahan firstname.lastname@example.org
if you want to exhibit, if you’re a parent of a college student who may want to hear about it, if you’d like to help, if you’d like to be a sponsor. Three artists have already signed up Kate Bresnahan, James Curcuru and Nicole Dahlmer.