Subscribe to Get The GloucesterCast Podcast by Email For Free
Topics Include: The effervescent Toby Pett and Mr Grumpypants Kim Smith, Block Party Kudos, Sefathia, Mark McDonough Valerie Markeley, Block Party Review, Gianni Gallo, Rome TV based in where else but Gloucester MA, Mercedes Flavin and Paolo Laboa and The Space at Alchemy, J Pace, The Big Dig, The Format For The 100th Podcast, Holy Cow, Burnham’s Field, John McElhenny, Steve Winslow, Melissa Cox, Mayor Kirk, The Ward 2 Move, Richardson’s Ice Cream, Appleton Farms, Gloucester Daily Times Website Redesign, Arizona’s Stupid Motorist Law, Israel Horowitz’ My Old Lady Playing At Cape Ann Community Cinema, House Of Games, Lindsay Crouse, Adam Horowitz and The Beastie Boys, Rob Newton From Cape Ann Community Cinema, The Prototype For Kim’s Butterfly Screening Audience, Kim Smith Butterfly Movie On PBS, Send Kim Your Monarch Butterfly Sightings, www.journeynorth.org , Eastern Point Lit House Kumbaya Moment, Duckworth Book Series The Secret Life Of Bees, NFL Football Food Menu, Against Football: A Reluctant Manifesto, The Hard Core Liberal Car and Ron Gilson’s 10 Cent Trade In, Live On Boats Being Sold In Favor Of Cheap Housing, SmallHouseBliss, Send In Your Football Day Food Pictures
Thanks To The Earl Foote Band For The Intro Music. Download Gloucester Til the End Free Here At Gimme Sound
Click to Listen to The GMG Podcast On Stitcher Radio On Demand For Free
The competition was close; I think Rosalie won by only one point and ALL was wonderfully delicious! The mystery fish was dogfish. Both Rosalie and Paolo Laboa did a superb job in their 45 minute window of time to cook.
Peter VanNess and Paolo Laboa
And the Winner Is!
Rosalie’s grandson Ethan made this sign for his grandmother, with plans to give it to her whether she won or not. I guess he must love his Nonni’s cooking!
More snapshots from the Farmer’s Market tomorrow.
Don’t miss Rockport’s HarvestFest THIS Saturday, October 19th from 10am to 6pm. The fun includes dancing and a bit of Ipswich Ale, among other delights. This post would be a million words long (really!) if I included everything going on, so for the details check out the website: www.rockportartfestivals.com/harvestfest/schedule-of-events In the meantime, here are just a few highlights:
- Rockport Music is sponsoring a Make Your Own Instrument Workshop for children at 10am (first come, first served)
- Cape Ann Animal Aid is sponsoring a Dog Parade at 11:30, with lots of fun prizes to be awarded!
- Bearskin Neck Leathers is sponsoring the Buddy Walker Band, a polka band founded 65 years ago with performances at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm in front of the shop.
- The MIT Juggling Club is joining the fun with performances throughout the afternoon.
- The HarvestFest Contra Dance, sponsored by the Cape Ann Contra Dance group, will host an outdoor dance in Dock Square, complete with live musicians and a caller. Did you ever think there would be dancing in the streets in Rockport?
- The Annual Scarecrow Chase Costume Parade for children begins at 3pm. Lots o’ fun & a treat for children are in store.
- Don’t forget the all-day food & drink under the big tent on T Wharf. Ipswich Ale, Twin Lights and an awesome roster of vendors will be on hand.
- Cooking demos will take place throughout the day, culminating in the famous Seafood Throwdown at 2:30, sponsored by the Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance.
- Finally, close out the festival by sending off the public art installation that has been on Lumber Wharf all summer (due to be disassembled the day after HarvestFest). Head over to Lumber Wharf at 6:15 to join us to say farewell to this very cool piece of public art.