The people who put together the 2nd Annual Rockport Fireworks don’t mess around — they have created a huge show for everyone this Saturday night as part of what the organizers call Illumination Weekend. Shops, galleries, restaurants are participating by illuminating their businesses with lanterns in honor of what promises to be the biggest fireworks display north of the Charles River. And people, Rockport is going to be humming this weekend. We have Lobsterfest, the Acoustic Music Fest, the Rockport Farmers Market Ice Cream Social. On and on it goes…. Here’s the breakdown:
Saturday, August 9th:
- Rockport Farmers Market: 9 to 1pm in Harvey Park
- Ice Cream Social at the Rockport Farmers Market: 11:30 to 1pm in Harvey Park
- Rockport Fireworks Activities: 12:30: Kids’ crafts, 2 to 4pm: Music in the Old Firehouse Trust.
- Rockport Rotary’s Lobsterfest: 3 to 7pm at the bandstand at Back Beach. Click HERE for info.
- Rockport Fireworks: The BIG event is at 9:30pm! Get ready for an incredible display!
Sunday, August 10th
- Rockport Acoustic Music Festival: Noon to 6pm in Millbrook Meadow. Click HERE for more info. A free & fun event!
- Illumination at Shops, Galleries & Restaurants: many Rockport business are participating in Illumination weekend through special discounts and in-store promotions. Enjoy the lanterns hanging throughout town in honor of the weekend’s festivities.
About that Farmers Market:
This Week’s Rockport Farmers Market Vendors: Wally’s Bistro, Fudge Everything, Maitland Mountain Farm, First Light Farm, Seaview Farm, Sasquatch Smokehouse, Heath’s Tea Room, Sullivan’s Sugarhouse, Cuz It’s Good!, Twin Lights, West River Creamery, the Vermont Candy Dish, That Nutty Redhead, Vintage Greens, Sea Biscuit Fine Baked Goods, Trupiano’s Sausage.
Our vendors offer meat, eggs, smoked fish, cheese, lots of produce, pickles, sauces (sweet and savory), salsas, cookies, whoopie pies, breads, nuts = truly enough for a week’s worth of delicious, amazing, locally-produced food!
Music & More: We’ll have music from the talented Steve Lacey this week and don’t miss the home growers section of the Farmers’ Market is packed with a small amount of good things: Anadama bread from Sten af Klinteberg, honey from apiarist and cookbook author Melissa Abbott, the beautiful Northern Italian-style pesto from Mercedes Flavin and flower petal jams from local grower Jessie.
The Rockport Farmers Market takes place, rain or shine. And be sure to stop by our Ice Cream Social this week! A huge thank you to The Ice Cream Store for providing the ice cream, and to Fudge Everything and Twin Lights for providing delicious chocolate topping and soda for Old Fashioned Ice Cream Sodas! Ginger Ale, Root Beer and Orange soda will all be available.
PARKING NEWS The Rockport Farmers Market, with the permission of the Rockport Police Dept., has four spaces available on High Street for short-term farmers’ market parking every Saturday from 9am to 1pm. If you’re in a hurry and need some produce, you can park right next to the market for a few minutes while you dash through the market!