Julie Smith, Gloucester Public Schools Director of Athletics, reminds Gloucester students that SPRING SCHOOL SPORTS REGISTRATION is open.
“Thanks to all of those who have already registered. This follow-up announcement is especially for parents and guardians of O’Maley student-athletes… We look forward to seeing you on the tracks, fields and diamonds! Bring on spring!”
prior notice: March 4, 2018
“Spring school sports season is two weeks away! All are encouraged and welcome to participate in GHS and O’Maley Middle School Sports. Please check out the offerings below and follow the instructions to register. Contact the sport coach listed below for assistance.
Please be aware that Gloucester is in Year 2 of MIAA-approved Coop Waivers which allow Manchester Essex Regional High School (Track and Field) and Rockport High School (Boys Lacrosse) to compete together with GHS.
We are in the process of pursuing Middle Level Waivers from the MIAA in order for 8th, and in some cases 7th-graders at O’Maley Middle School to participate on GHS sports teams. Please stay tuned for future announcements upon MIAA approval of the applications.
Be sure to check out the offerings below and email the sport coach directly with questions. MIAA Spring season begins Monday, March 19th. We look forward to seeing you!
Julie Smith, Gloucester Public Schools Director of Athletics
GLOUCESTER HIGH SCHOOL and O’MALEY MIDDLE SCHOOL
SPRING 2018 SPORTS REGISTRATION
- GHS Boys Baseball – Open to Grades 9-12. Pursuing middle-level waiver.
- GHS Girls Softball – Open to Grades 9-12. Pursuing middle-level waiver.
- GHS Boys Lacrosse – Open to Grades 9-12 at both GHS and Rockport High Schools. Pursuing middle-level waiver.
- GHS Girls Lacrosse – Open to Grades 9-12 at GHS. Pursuing middle-level waiver.
- GHS Boys Tennis – Open to Grades 9-12.
- GHS Girls Tennis – Open to Grades 9-12.
Please note that coaches will likely need to limit the number of team members, given the facts that there are five tennis courts available to GHS and the program has been over-enrolled in recent years.
- GHS Boys Track and Field – Open to Grades 9-12 at both GHS and Manchester Essex Regional High Schools.
- GHS Girls Track and Field – Open to Grades 9-12 at both GHS and Manchester Essex Regional High Schools.
- O’Maley Middle School Boys Track and Field – Open to Grades 6-8.
- O’Maley Middle School Girls Track and Field – Open to Grades 6-8.
“Opening Day” is Monday, March 19thth!
Ready to register? Please follow these steps!
GHS and O’Maley registration is in the same program so be sure to select the correct school and sport!
- Register on FamilyID.com. Parents/Guardians and Student-Athletes need to do this together. Link to Athlete Registration:
- Provide proof of a physical exam within the last 13 months to the sport coach.
- Provide proof of completion of a certified concussion course to the sport coach. Link to National Federation of High Schools course:
- Pay the Spring 2018 User Fee, as well as any unpaid User Fees from previous seasons to the sport coach.
Instructions are included in the FamilyID registration. Forms and payment must be submitted to the sport coach. Contact the coach at the email address below for more information.
GHS Coach Email Addresses:
Boys Baseball, Bryan Lafata: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Softball, John John Nicastro: email@example.com
Boys Lacrosse, Dylan Girard firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Lacrosse, Mike Lattof email@example.com
Boys Tennis, Derek Geary firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Tennis, Cassandra Bradley and Cate Arkins email@example.com
Boys Track and Field, David Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Track and Field, David Coleman same as above
O’Maley Middle School Coach Email Address:
Boys Track and Field, Allie Mitchell email@example.com
Girls Track and Field, Allie Mitchell same as above