Tag Archives: I4C2
Another perfect night for a FREE Movie at I4-C2 – Finding Nemo Tonight – Bring Food Donations for The Open Door
Last week over 700 people (including plenty of “Pink Ladies”) flocked to I4-C2 to enjoy “Grease” under the stars. Tonight will be just as beautiful, if a tad cooler. Perfect viewing weather for “Finding Nemo.” Bring non-perishable food to donate to The Open Door Food Pantry and do some good while having fun with the family!
GloucesterCast 127 With Guests Mike Costello, Kim Smith, Toby Pett and Host Joey Ciaramitaro
Topics Include: Shoutout To Earl and Arch for Our Intro Music, Lil Earls, Mike Costello, Kim Smith, Toby Pett, Gilligan, The Atlantics, Mike Costello’s Historic Retirement Party Speech When He Went Ballistic, Bruce Tobey, Waterfront Owners Harbor Planning Group, I4C2, Ramada Inn Project, Jeffrey Cohen, Fuller School, Cape Ann Symphony, Sam Park, Windover, Schooner Festival, Clam Festival, Waterfront Fest, Sidewalk Bazaar, Blackburn Industrial Park, Gortons, Regionalizing the Chamber of Commerce, Mike’s Perspective Of The Chamber Since His Retirement, Joey’s Perspective On the Importance Of The Chamber, Tax Classification, Snow Removal Downtown, Free Parking Tolls Downtown, Downtown Employees Taking Up Downtown Parking Spots, Would The YMCA Be A Great Spot For A Parking Garage?, New Downtown Group Doing Great Job Promoting Themselves, Toodeloos, TBT Post, Pop Gallery, Premier Imprints, Harbor Goods, Where Do You Stand On The Windmills?, Cell Phone Tower In West Gloucester, Solar Incentives, Caciattore’s To Open Doors Saturday at 4 PM Please Show Them Your Support!
Subscribe To The GloucesterCast For A Chance To Win This Week’s Prize One Of Two Prints Donated By Jim Clyde
Be syre to watch the Video below. Three Bucket Loads per Truck, I wonder how long it will take to remove all the snow, before we can park cars in there and then take them to the car wash.
Cat Ryan submits the photos-
First Movie Of The Summer- The Wizard Of Oz, next week Raiders of the Lost Arc.
250 Plus People! Here’s the summer lineup-
Topics Include: Gloucester MA, April 16 Snow, Peter VanNess, Vickie VanNess, Peter Lovasco Doing a Great Job With Cape Ann Weather, Bitstrips, Kevin Edson, Rice Cooker Hoax, Boston Strong, ACLU, Dog Leash Controversy, Bad Dog Owners,Beach Trash Barrels vs Carry In/Carry Out, Larcom Theater, UU Meetinghouse, Henri Smith, Jon Butcher Axis, Celebrate Gloucester, Red Tape For Community Events, Castleberry Fairs, Block Party, Jackie Hardy, Tourism, Fun Should Not Be Illegal, Gran Prix of Gloucester, Cyclocross, I4C2, Downtown Parking Is Not Bad if You are Willing To Walk One Block (Which Is Less Walking You’ll Do If You Park In A Mall Parking Lot and Walk Into The Mall), People That Will Drive In Circles 20 Times Unless They Get A Parking Spot On Main St vs Parking On Rogers or Middle St, Stitcher App, Cross Platform, BossJock App, Email Subscription Service Is Broken, Explaining Hyperlinks, Sister Felicia, Shalin Liu, Embedding A Video, Get Her A Muzzle.
Check Out Peter and Vickie At www.gimmelive.tv
The GloucesterCast Has Been Been Invited To Be A Station On Stitcher Radio On Demand!
Subscribe to The GloucesterCast Podcast by Email Free
- Joey Ciaramitaro – creator of Good Morning Gloucester and co-owner of Gloucester MA Captain Joe and Sons lobster company
- Kenny MacCarthy – creator of The Cut Bridge and Gloucester MA real estate agent guru
Joey and Kenny discuss Gloucester / Cape Ann:
- Gloucestercast statistics from episode 1 and 2
- Joey’s Estrogen Filled Trip To NYC
- Valentines Day and The Clampon
- GMG/ Farm Bar and Grill DTF Burger Challenge February 24th
- Dangerous Dick
- Kenny’s Local Real Estate Segment
- i4c2 and Birdseye
- Kenny’s Vegetable powered Volvo
- Upcoming Events
Joey’s Twitter Username @Joey_C
Kenny’s Twitter Username @glosta
Episode 3 link mentions:
Art Haven February Vacation Programs February 21-25
Sista Felicia and Roselle From Glazed Will Be Teaming Up For A Fun Springtime Basket Project
Boston Derby Dames Calendar Shot At Captain Joe and Sons- December Available At The First Bout of The Season February 26th
- Gloucester Til The End Theme Music is from Earl and Arch- you can download it for free at GimmeSoundFree Gloucester Til the End Download At Gimme Sound- Earl and Arch’s page
Please write in with comments, podcast ideas or things you would like to hear about in the next Episode of The GloucesterCast. We value your feedback.
Thanks from Joey and Kenny
From The City of Gloucester-
The City invites all those with interest and vision for harbor development to submit
A Schematic Design Proposal that explores feasible uses for I4-C2.
Schematic Design Proposal Requirements
Each Proposal must include the following elements:
• A visual representation of the idea (hard and soft copy).
• A summary of the proposed uses (which need to conform to current zoning)
• A cost estimate for bringing idea to implementation
• Identification of sources of financing
• Benefits of idea to community
Grant Support for Preparation of Proposals
Funded through the economic development grant the city received from the Seaport
Advisory Council, the City will offer up to a total of $50,000 in grants of up to $2500
each to reimburse applicants who hire architect/design, legal or financial services
expertise for the preparation of their response. Preference will be given to Gloucester
citizens and the goal is to stimulate the best design and implementation concepts for I4-
To be eligible for grant funding, applicants will submit a letter of interest to the
City. Funds will be distributed in a first round by November 3, 2010. If funds
remain available, late applicants will be considered.
Can I submit this?
Gloucester Landing Proposal
Of course this isn’t my design, it was the proposal that was slated for I4C2 lot in between the Gloucester House and The Building Center over twenty years ago and was fought by the regular group of people who fight every development in town.
It had underground parking for downtown, it had public space, a beautiful courtyard for the public to enjoy, it had right of ways to insure the fishermen could get to their boats it had a glass atrium so that harbor views would still be seen. It was to be financed with private (read not grant money or taxpayer money) money and would have been paying us millions in taxes by now.
It all made too much sense I suppose.
So on to the the things you should include if you would like to get one of the $2500 grants
If you would like your proposal to be accepted and qualify for the grant money here is what you should include-
- free dockage for fishermen- add one thousand bonus points for free dockage for fishermen
- any non-profit idea that doesn’t pay taxes –add three bonus point if your plan is a non-profit
- any non-profit idea that requires taxpayer grants (the higher dollar amount the better)- add two bonus points if your plan requires the public to subsidize it
- parks -add three bonus points if your plan includes a park
- under no circumstances should you include anything that might be construed as profitable and able to be financed privately (the idea of someone getting financing on their own and turning profits is highly frowned upon) deduct one thousand bonus points if your plan is to be financed with private dollars and is deemed to be for-profit
- museums- some new type of of museum or aquarium supported by grant money because we don’t have enough museums that depend on the generosity of donors to keep operating like the Sargent House, The Cape Ann Museum, The Maritime Heritage Center or Ocean Alliance – add 3 bonus points for another museum or ocean research center
- green energy- toss a few windmills or solar panels on your plan and you get ten bonus points it doesn’t matter if the solar panels cost $5,000,000 and the return will be ten cents if you can get taxpayer subsidies for those you get an additional ten bonus points
- schooner center- anything to do with Schooners gets you five bonus points- if you can figure out how to put schooners down there without displacing any fishing boats add ten bonus points
Of course I’m kidding about all this (not really) but if you are interested you should submit your proposal according to the real guidelines which can be found here-
What are you waiting for? Get planning!
September 7, 2010
Gloucester Daily Times-
The long-term future of Gloucester’s most famous vacant lot may not be as the site of a marine aquarium and research center — or as a regular concert venue, despite Sunday night’s glowing Celebrate Gloucester success.
But it is good to see an entrepreneurial spirit growing for the 2-acre I-4,C-2 parcel off Rogers Street.
Click the picture for the rest of the editorial
I4C2 more “Art, Rocks!”
I Talked to Joey today. I had this great idea. Instead of leaving an “Art, Rock” someplace. I could use the GMG Petty cash to Hire a helicopter, fly over the Farmers Market and drop them on the shoppers below. He was’nt to thrilled with the idea. The guy’s a fart! It would’ve been AWESOME!
Here’s the Hint; After 4am Look for a natural Shady place, not a tent, or a building. Easy Enough. If you find it and if you’d like. Take a picture of yourself with the Rock and we’ll feature you on GMG. Goodluck! Sorry all finds are Final no returns.
Rockport, Good Harbor, Rockport and Downtown will be this weekends Target.
Only GMG Readers get the Hints.
Industrial Lot Four – Commercial Lot Two [I4C2]
Photos below of Louis Elisa Director of Development for Seaport Advisory council and others on hand for the Ribbon Cutting for I4C2.
I2C4 Mayor Kirk Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Thanks for watching
How many of you know where the Frank E. Davis Fish Co was located?
If you said I4C2 then award yourself a blue ribbon.