Tag Archives: Forbes School

Old Town Hall, Gloucester, 1920

The City of Gloucester's first seat of government was at 8 Washington Street. After the city government moved into the new City Hall on Dale Avenue in the 1870's, the old Town Hall became the Forbes School, and is now home the the American Legion, Post 3.

The City of Gloucester’s first seat of government was at 8 Washington Street. After the city government moved into the new City Hall on Dale Avenue in the 1870’s, the old Town Hall became the Forbes School, and is now home the the American Legion, Post 3.