Catherine Ryan writes-
The New England Foundation for the Arts monthly bulletin features “Public Art Calls”. Go to their fantastic website—it’s chock-full of cultivating creative arts throughout New England and beyond. Besides their major funding and linking, they also feature opportunities beyond their organization. The Committee for the Arts was thrilled to see that the Gloucester HarborWalk Public Art Challenge is listed in the January blog. Thank you NEFA. It’s great to see what’s out there and for Gloucester to be in the mix. Check out the range of art projects that municipalities seek. Sign up for their newsletter or whatever social media platform jazzes for you—they’re plugged in!
Elysian McNiff, NEFA’s Public Art & Creative Communities Program coordinator (check out her program btw), writes their monthly column and p.s. she grew up here!
Jan 3, 2013
January Public Art Calls from New England Foundation for the Arts, Elysian McNiff
Fingers crossed that 2013 will be a good year for public art! So far the year is off to a great start. This month’s calls for artists blog post features large budgets – one whopper is over a million dollars! Here are a few examples:
- 1.13.13: RFQ for $275,000 Connector Public Art Project in San Diego , CA
- 1.15.13: RFQ for $1,040,000 for Segovia Street Traffic Circles in Coral Gables , FL
- 1.16.13: RFQ for $100,000 Water Treatment Facility Temporary Public Art Project in Scottsdale , AZ
The following is a compilation of calls to artists that I am happy to share with the field.
1. RFP for Ann Arbor Rain Garden in Ann Arbor , MI
Deadline: 10:00 am on Thursday, January 10, 2013
Contact: Questions regarding the RFP content – Aaron Seagraves
Questions regarding the RFP submissions – Linda Newton
4. Call for Artists for Historic Interpretation Display in Community Center in Watsonville , CA
Deadline: 1:00 pm on Friday, January 15, 2013
5. RFQ for Segovia Street Traffic Circles in Coral Gables , FL
Deadline: 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Budget: $1,040,000 plus $35,000 in-kind horticulture services
Contact: Cynthia Birdsill
6. RFQ for North Indian Bend Wash Water Treatment Facility Temporary Public Art Project in Scottsdale , AZ
Deadline: Midnight (MST) on Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Contact: Kirstin Van Cleef, Project Manager, 480.874.4629
9. RFQ Public Art/Design Competition for new Beverly , MA , Arts and Cultural District
Deadline: 1:00 pm on Friday, January 18, 2013
Contact: Ricardo D. Barreto, 617.285.1966
10. Call to Artists for 2013-15 Suwanee SculpTour in Suwanee , GA
Deadline: Friday, January 25, 2013
Contact: Toni Shrewsbury, Special Project Coordinator, 770.904.3389
12. RFP for sculptural artwork for Boise City Hall Plaza in Idaho
Deadline: 1:00 pm (MST) on Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Contact: Missy Morrison, Purchasing Specialist
First, register here, then apply here.