Don’t miss Rockport’s HarvestFest THIS Saturday, October 19th from 10am to 6pm. The fun includes dancing and a bit of Ipswich Ale, among other delights. This post would be a million words long (really!) if I included everything going on, so for the details check out the website: www.rockportartfestivals.com/harvestfest/schedule-of-events In the meantime, here are just a few highlights:
- Rockport Music is sponsoring a Make Your Own Instrument Workshop for children at 10am (first come, first served)
- Cape Ann Animal Aid is sponsoring a Dog Parade at 11:30, with lots of fun prizes to be awarded!
- Bearskin Neck Leathers is sponsoring the Buddy Walker Band, a polka band founded 65 years ago with performances at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm in front of the shop.
- The MIT Juggling Club is joining the fun with performances throughout the afternoon.
- The HarvestFest Contra Dance, sponsored by the Cape Ann Contra Dance group, will host an outdoor dance in Dock Square, complete with live musicians and a caller. Did you ever think there would be dancing in the streets in Rockport?
- The Annual Scarecrow Chase Costume Parade for children begins at 3pm. Lots o’ fun & a treat for children are in store.
- Don’t forget the all-day food & drink under the big tent on T Wharf. Ipswich Ale, Twin Lights and an awesome roster of vendors will be on hand.
- Cooking demos will take place throughout the day, culminating in the famous Seafood Throwdown at 2:30, sponsored by the Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance.
- Finally, close out the festival by sending off the public art installation that has been on Lumber Wharf all summer (due to be disassembled the day after HarvestFest). Head over to Lumber Wharf at 6:15 to join us to say farewell to this very cool piece of public art.