Category Archives: Good Morning Gloucester
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Leftovers with a delicious Pecan Pie Cocktail!
Pecan Pie Cocktail
For rimming the glass:
½ cup crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
¼ cup Honey
For the martini:
1 part Pinnacle Pecan Pie Vodka
2 parts Baileys Coffee Creamer French Vanilla
1 cup ice
1 Dip glass rim in honey; immediately dip in crushed graham cracker
2 In a shaker with ice, vigorously shake vodka and Baileys Coffee Creamer French Vanilla glass.
3 Strain & pour mixture into prepared graham cracker rimmed glasses; serve immediately
*Note~ Adult Beverage 21 years & older; Contains Alcohol
512 Essex Ave. Gloucester MA 01930
Early yesterday morning my Facebook Feed messenger was buzzing with cooking questions! Below is one of my favorites. Joanne Frontiero’s success story made my day! #CookingStep-By-Step with “Gifts Of Gold In A Sicilian Kitchen With Sista Felicia;Harvest
Sista Felicia’s Turkey Hot-line…
I received this FB tag from friend Joanne Frontiero,”I Can Do This. Thank you for reminding me about the turkey recipe – Felicia Ciaramitaro Mohan – it actually wasn’t so hard. The bird is in the oven!!! My first turkey ever… I feel so grown up!
Felicia Ciaramitaro Mohan You can so do this girlfriend… My Turkey Recipe is foolproof!
Omg, it was delish… turkey coma now… Felicia Ciaramitaro Mohan , you made my family very very happy with your delish recipe! And . more . importantly I rocked this meal!!! Cheers!!! XO. Pics to come when I get off the couch.
Congrats Joanne! I’m thrilled to have had a small part in the preperstion of your first ever Thanksgiving Feast for your family! Happy Thankskgiving!
Remember to shop local..At TBT Post today and tomorrow. .buy 2 items and get 10% off
Find me at http://www.ardizzoniphotography.com
I’m a total sucker for those incredibly sappy Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies. Seriously can’t get enough.
November and December is clearly all about the boys and making the holidays special for them…but, after they’re tucked into bed…give me a pumpkin beer and a completely cheesy Hallmark movie and I’m in it to win it.
As if the movies aren’t excellent enough…the Hallmark commercials = total warm fuzzies.
So, here’s my public service announcement for you all ….
Originally posted on Cape Ann Wellness:
- the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.“she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support”Synonyms: gratefulness, thankfulness, thanks, appreciation, recognition, appreciation
A Sense of Gratitude Improves Your Health
Studies on gratitude support an association between gratitude and a sense of well being. One study by Dr. Robert A. Emmons of the University of California, Davis, and Dr. Michael E. McCullough of the University of Miami, leaders in the field of research on gratitude showed that after keeping a ‘gratitude journal for 10 weeks, people were
- more optimistic
- felt better about their lives
- began to exercise more
- went to the doctor less often.
Practicing Gratitude Enhances Relationships
In one study, individuals who took time to express gratitude for their partner felt more positive toward the other person and felt more comfortable…
View original 385 more words
Gloucester’s Annual Santa Parade and Tree Lighting.
Sunday, November 29th
Parade Leaves the State Fish Pier at 3:00 and heads to Kent Circle. Tree Lighting takes place at approximately 4:30
Cape Ann Symphony Holiday Pops
This annual concert has become a joyful holiday tradition as the orchestra is joined by the Cape Ann Symphony Chorus to perform many holiday favorites including an audience sing-along. Wendy Betts, Choral Director.
While Sunday’s show is sold out, there are still tickets available for Saturday’s 8:00 pm concert.
Santa On Stage at the Larcom Theatre
|DATE||Saturday, November 28, 2015|
|TIME||11:00AM (Doors 10:30AM)|
13 Wallis Street
Beverly, MA 01915
Enjoy a magical 90 minute Christmas program with your child at Beverly’s fully-restored, historic Larcom Theatre!
- Multi-media presentation of The Night Before Christmas narrated byDavid Bull (Le Grand David)
- Christmas songs by Allen Estes & Sing-along with Allen & Santa’s Elves
- Special appearance by Santa
- Perfectly lit Photo Op with your child and Santa together on stage. (Premium seats meet Santa first)
- Each child gets a stocking filled with a FREE GIFT.PLUS a Gingerbread Cookie from Topsfield Bake Shop!
Originally posted on Cape Ann Community:
Holiday Festivities for the Whole Family – on Cape Ann!
Join the seaside family-friendly celebrations that cap off a fun-filled holiday season
This time of year is filled with community traditions and holiday events in Essex, Gloucester, Manchester-by-the-Sea and Rockport. With a wide array of wonderful celebrations, visiting Cape Ann is a must this holiday season.
Starting with Small Business Saturday on November 28th, be sure to shop local and support your favorite businesses in all four communities with holiday shopping. Many of the businesses are participating in Small Business Saturday and will have exciting promotions available.
The whole of Cape Ann will be bustling during the month of December. All four communities have many events that local residents and visitors are invited to enjoy.
Essex – The holiday festivities begin in Essex on Thursday, December 3rd with the Lighting of the Memory Tree in Honor of Lost Loved Ones…
View original 720 more words
Catch Up…Sharing 12 Items.
Gloucester Downtown Catch Up…Sharing 12 Items
Hello my fellow business partners…
Your Gloucester Downtown Association has been busy putting together promotions for the 2015 Christmas Season. I want to share with you 12 items you need to know to have a successful season. So let us start.
- November 21 – The $1500 Shopping Spree is in effect. Make sure you give your customers a coupon with purchase. The Drawing will be on December 20.
- November 27 – Black Friday, participating stores are asked to open early and and have some Wicked Good Specials.
- November 28 – Small Business Saturday…shop local!
- November 29 – The 34th annual Christmas Parade kicks off at 3 pm and will march though Main Street to the tree lighting ceremony at Kent Circle.
- December 3 – 5 to 10 pm is the 42nd Ladies Night. Main Street business will be offering refreshments, special discounts and a whole lot of fun.
- December 10 – 5 – 10 pm 2nd Annual Employee Night
- December 12 – Middle Street Walk
- Letters to Santa – We are looking for a few key locations to distribute blank letters to Santa which will be given to Santa by children on December 12 and a winner will be chosen for a $100 gift certificate to Toodeloos. Let me know if you want to help distribute Santa’s Letters.
- December 12 – 12-5 pm Friends and Family Night December 12 – Santa will be at the La Tractoria Restaurant Function Hall from 12-4 pm. Santa will be there to meet children, give out a treats and be available to take photos. Thank you Jane Fonzo for letting our Santa use the building for the afternoon.
- December 17 – 40th Men’s Night
- December 20 – Shopping Spree Drawing
- Downtown is now done up for Christmas, thank you to the City of Gloucester for making the decorations possible through the Downtown Development Commission. Good job making the city festive for the Holidays. Thank you also to Ringo Tarr and family for making the Kent Circle Christmas tree a realty. A hearty salute to Art Haven for putting together the downtown Lobster trap Tree .
So here you have it, plenty events going on, we are ready to start our selling season.
Priva is staying on campus for Thanksgiving, so we were forced to visit her at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Fla.
The sacrifices grandparents are forced to make.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
No-Bake Cranberry Velvet Pie
No-Bake Cranberry Velvet Pie
1 6oz. Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 8 oz. Cream Cheese; at room temperature
1 14 oz. Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 combine all ingredients in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment; mix on medium-low speed 1 minute
2 pour creamy mixture into pie crust cover with Pie Crust clear lid; freeze 6 hours
3 remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving
4 serve with dollop of fresh whipped cream