Category Archives: All Things Gloucester
Went kayaking on Friday afternoon in Magnolia Harbor and watched the kids enjoying the summertime and our beautiful Magnolia Pier.
Listen Sunday August 13th at 5pm on NPR for Hannah’s interview about her new book A WOMAN’s PLACE IS AT THE TOP! (Some states may air at different times.)
What a day on Sunday to kayak. A little windy, actually very windy but so much fun.
- Danielle Capalbo asked me to post her photos and appreciation to GMG for helping promote Gloucester Sidewalk Bazaar
- Billy Goulart, owner of Nana’s Fried Dough in Gloucester, wiped off a “gift” our seagull friends left on the electric BMWs that Lyon-Waugh Auto Group and BMW of Peabody had donated to the Gloucester Police Department. The two vehicles were on display at the Sidewalk Bazaar to promote the use of green energy.
- The B-Fit Team of the Bruins Foundation was a popular stop for our young athletes! The B-Fit team is a community outreach program whose primary objective is to increase the overall wellness of the New England community through fitness and dietary education.
- Another popular stop is the puppet show.
- The DPW, Fire Department and the Police were all hard at work supporting the Bazaar before and during the 3-day event. A visitor dropped something down a drain-hole, and the DPW was called on to help retrieve it.
Thanks to our sponsors: The Cape Ann Savings Bank, The Randazza Group, Horvitz & Frisch and Lahey Health.
Key volunteers who helped out at the event: John Orlando with the Harborview Inn, Patty Gates with Cape Ann Olive Oil and Premier Imprints, Elizabeth Carey with Discover Gloucester, Melissa Cox, Ward II Councilor, Elliott Margolis, Josiah Fisk with More Carrot, Michaela DiPersia, and Kathleen Adams. Thanks also go to Brass Monkey and Bank Gloucester for the use of their parking lot. The Clean Team from the Cape Ann YMCA did an awesome job keeping Main Street clean throughout the event!
Many thanks to GMG for helping with getting the word out!
Coordinator, 2017 Gloucester Sidewalk Bazaar
This is, without a doubt, the place to be this weekend…starting early this afternoon. Check out the schedule of events in the first few photos below. Wednesday night’s private event was fantastic…and last night’s Captains’ Party was no joke at all.
Be certain to come down at some point, have a great time, and maybe bid on some auction items to help raise money for the Alzheimer’s Association! The Lyon-Waugh Auto Group has gone all out and, as always, Cape Ann’s Marina Resort is the perfect venue.
Captains and crews left the docks late last night or early this morning and hopefully some large tuna will be landed later today.
So, this happened last night!
To kick off this year’s Bluefin Blowout at Cape Ann’s Marina Resort, the Lyon-Waugh Auto Group donated, not one, but TWO BMW i3s to the city of Gloucester! Warren Waugh made the presentation to Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken and Police Chief John McCarthy to help show Lyon-Waugh’s appreciation and support to the city. What an amazing gift!
Maddie, Owen, Cole and Avery have been staying with Papa and Nonnie since Sunday night. We are having such a great time with them. So far, beach, Maritime Gloucester, Lego Land, Mile Marker to swim, Wingaersheek Beach and today the beach with Aunts and Uncles. Lots of fun and so grateful we live where is so much to do.
A beautiful new store as arrived on 33 Main Street Gloucester, MA, the store is locally owned by Melissa Tarr. Beautiful wear.
Another great time at Fiesta on Saturday.
Clowning around. Caption this, please.
On the Blvd. on Wednesday our little friend Zinnia was fishing with her parents. She caught a fish and was very excited. When it was time to release the fish she said, “we are not going to eat it”. Zinnia is one of the cutest kiddos and just love people and the sea.
Another jewel of a beach here in Gloucester. A great way to end your day.
As the fog was thick on Wednesday and the fog horns were sounding, the flags on the Blvd. were looking great.
Have you noticed how high the tide has been?