Pick #1: New England Boat Show (still)
February 10th to 18th at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
Pick #2: Merrimack River Eagle Festival
Come to Newburyport and Amesbury on Saturday, February 17, for a full day of fun indoor and outdoor activities celebrating the return of our Bald Eagles! Learn more about these magnificent birds—as well as other amazing raptors such as Snowy Owls—and why our local habitat is so important to them.
Visit Eagle Hot Spots
9:00 am–4:00 pm
Drive yourself! Naturalist guides will be onsite all day along the Merrimack River. Parking available. Maps will be available on this webpage and onsite at Eagle Festival. All ages welcome. FREE.
- Lowell’s Boat Shop: 459 Main Street, Amesbury
- Andrews Boat Shop: 489 Main Street, Amesbury
- Deer Island: midway between Chain Bridge, and First Lieutenant Derek S. Hines Memorial Bridge, Spofford Street, between Newburyport and Amesbury
- Mersen: 374 Merrimac Street, Newburyport
- Cashman Park: Sally Snyder Way (off Merrimack Street), Newburyport
- Joppa Flats Education Center: 1 Plum Island Turnpike, Newburyport
- Plum Island (10:00 – 3:00): Not on map. Look for the Eagle Festival signs! In parking lot at north end of Northern Boulevard; also, driving south on Parker River National Wildlife Refuge (free entry for Eagle Festival guests).
Eagle Festival Photo Tour with Hunt’s
2:00 pm–4:00 pm
Register in advance for this exciting opportunity for in-the-field wildlife photo tips from Hunt’s Photo & Video. Departs from Newburyport Chamber of Commerce.
Adults only | $50 per person
See A Raptor Show
10:00–11:00 am & 12:45–1:45 pm
Mary-Beth Kaeser of Horizon Wings presents two educational programs at Newburyport City Hall featuring raptors great and small. First come, first served. Recommended for adults and children age 6 and over. FREE.
Pose For A Photo With A Raptor
11:00–11:30 am & Noon–12:30 pm
Hunt’s Photo & Video will take your photo with a raptor for a $10 donation. Newburyport City Hall. Limited availability. First come, first served—advance registration recommended.
Have Fun With Your Family
10:00 am–3:00 pm
At the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters: Family activities, arts and crafts, and more! Special Feature: Live owls from Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm (11:00 am–3:00 pm). FREE.
At Mass Audubon’s Joppa Flats Education Center: Family activities, arts and crafts, and more! Special Feature: Live hawks from Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm (11:00 am–3:00 pm). FREE.
Pick #3: Snow Tubing at Nashoba
As always, for a comprehensive list of family activities, please visit our friends at North Shore Kid