2017 Sidewalk Bazaar
- Danielle Capalbo asked me to post her photos and appreciation to GMG for helping promote Gloucester Sidewalk Bazaar
- Billy Goulart, owner of Nana’s Fried Dough in Gloucester, wiped off a “gift” our seagull friends left on the electric BMWs that Lyon-Waugh Auto Group and BMW of Peabody had donated to the Gloucester Police Department. The two vehicles were on display at the Sidewalk Bazaar to promote the use of green energy.
- The B-Fit Team of the Bruins Foundation was a popular stop for our young athletes! The B-Fit team is a community outreach program whose primary objective is to increase the overall wellness of the New England community through fitness and dietary education.
- Another popular stop is the puppet show.
- The DPW, Fire Department and the Police were all hard at work supporting the Bazaar before and during the 3-day event. A visitor dropped something down a drain-hole, and the DPW was called on to help retrieve it.
Thanks to our sponsors: The Cape Ann Savings Bank, The Randazza Group, Horvitz & Frisch and Lahey Health.
Key volunteers who helped out at the event: John Orlando with the Harborview Inn, Patty Gates with Cape Ann Olive Oil and Premier Imprints, Elizabeth Carey with Discover Gloucester, Melissa Cox, Ward II Councilor, Elliott Margolis, Josiah Fisk with More Carrot, Michaela DiPersia, and Kathleen Adams. Thanks also go to Brass Monkey and Bank Gloucester for the use of their parking lot. The Clean Team from the Cape Ann YMCA did an awesome job keeping Main Street clean throughout the event!
Many thanks to GMG for helping with getting the word out!
Coordinator, 2017 Gloucester Sidewalk Bazaar