CALL FOR ENTRIES
ROCKY NECK NOW 2017
Spring Members Show
Exhibition Dates: March 16-April 23
Opening Reception: Saturday, March 18, 2:00-4:00 PM
Closing Reception: Sunday, April 23, 2:00–4:00 PM
RNAC seeks works of art by RNAC members featuring both representational and abstract 2D works in water media, oil, graphite, encaustic, photographs and prints; and also jewelry, ceramics and sculpture.
The exhibition (unjuried) will display the variety of work that RNAC members are doing in 2017 and reveal the variety of artistic expression and direction found in the work of RNAC artists. Both floors of the Cultural Center will be used to display art with room for approximately 30 artists submitting wall art, and for 10-3D artists on pedestals.
A curating team made up of exhibition committee members will make final choices and all choices will be final. (You, as an RNAC member, are welcome to join the committee. The committee meets regularly.) The first 30 artists to submit wall art will be guaranteed space for at least one work (depending on size); all other works will be considered as space is available.
RNAC members only. Artists must be members when entering. To join the Rocky Neck Art Colony go to http://rockyneckartcolony.org/join.php.
- Each artist may submit two pieces.
- Application is made by mailing a completed inventory form and check for $20 made out to RNACG.
- Deadline for applications: received by Thursday, March 2, 2017 at The Cultural Center at Rocky Neck, 6 Wonson Street, Gloucester, MA 01930.
- All art must be original. (no reproductions)
- Each artist may submit 2 pieces of 2D wall art or multiples of small 3D items.
- Submission of artwork previously shown at any other Cape Ann venue is not recommended.
- A maximum size of 24 inches in width is recommended in order to accommodate the art of most members. Larger pieces will be considered as space allows.
- 3-D work must fit on a 16×16” pedestal top.
- Accepted work must be delivered by hand, no shipping.
$20 per artist will cover the costs of mounting this show.
There is a 25% commission on sales.
RNAC requires a number of good quality photos of work for publicity and web site promotion in JPEG format. Files are to be sized no greater than 2 MB, maximum 1,200 pixels for the longest dimension. Each image must be labeled with the following information: last name, first name initial, title, medium.jpg. Example: Smith_J_SunsetSymphony_acrylic.jpg
Please email images to Suzanne at email@example.com.
Submitted 2-D work of 24 inches in width and 50 inches in height, including the frame is recommended. 3-D work must fit on a 16×16” pedestal top. (3-D artists should be prepared to supply pedestals as needed.) Accepted work must be suitably framed and wired for hanging; no saw-tooth or sandwich frames allowed.
- Deliver Art: Tuesday, March 14, 10:00 AM – 12 Noon at The Cultural Center at Rocky Neck, 6 Wonson Street, Gloucester, MA.
- Art not installed must be picked up on Wednesday, March 15 at 10:00 AM- 12 Noon. (Email will be sent on 3/14 ONLY if you have artwork to be picked up.
- Pick-up unsold work: SUN, April 23, 4-5 PM or MON, April 27, 10 AM-12 PM
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org