Smile and Express Gratitude: It’s Good for Your Health
A Smile Has Health Benefits for Mind, Body and Spirit. Research shows that the simple act of smiling, even when you don’t feel like it activates the brain’s neural messaging system with a variety of health benefits. No prescription needed, and no adverse side effects.
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
How Smiling Affects Your Brain. ‘Feel good’ neurotransmitters are released.
- Release of dopamine (mediates pleasure in the brain, improves focus and attention.)
- Release of endorphins (natural pain relief.)
- Release of serotonin (improves mood.)
- Muscle relaxation (relief of muscle tension.)
- Lowering of blood pressure and heart rate.
- Neuropeptides are also released (decreases stress and inflammation.)
View original post 1,133 more words