Welcome to Canada (no political joke intended)
We arrived safely in Montreal and learned a couple of things along the way.
- Hockey gear takes up much more room than flip flops and bathing suits when packing the car for a vacation
- The boys can get along for more than two hours, but less than three, when sitting right next to each other in the back seat.
- Burlington, VT has some pretty cool whales’ tails on the side of Route 89.
- The sunsets in Northern Vermont as spectacular.
- “Records of Birth” even with an official raised seal….are indeed NOT the same thing as “Birth Certificates.” Oops. Even so, we were allowed access into Canada (with some strong disapproval from the border patrol), but we’re not 100% certain of what will happen on the return trip home.
- When taking the boys to Canada for a weekend hockey tournament, you need to let go pretty quickly and accept the fact that this is their vacation and not yours. We are simply along for the ride.
- A “Brasserie Sportive” is neither a Sports Bra or a strip club for athletically built women….but is, in fact, just a sports bar.
- Canadian hockey fans (and entire restaurant’s worth) will hoot and holler like it is the Stanley Cup…even when it is just a regular game.
We are excited to see what the rest of today brings!