The Thousand Dollar Singer-Songwriter Challenge kicks off tonight! 7:30pm @ Katrina’s 14 Rogers Street. Gloucester, MA
Tonight’s lineup for the kickoff of our $1,000 Singer-Songwriter Challenge. Call to reserve a table:(978)515-7817
7:30pm: Mike Foley (solo) – Michael Foley
7:45pm: Greg Guba (solo) – Greg Guba
8:00pm: Annabelle Lord-Patey (solo) – Kevin Patey
8:15pm: The Lucky Ones Duo – Tony Frontiero
8:30pm: Sasquatch (solo) – Paul Cohan
8:45pm: Banda de Goma (duo) – Lynne Taylor
9:00pm: Amy Spillert (solo) – Amy Spillert
9:15pm: Renee & Joe – Renee Dupuis & Joe Cardoza
9:30pm: Charlie Russell (solo)
9:45pm: Will Hunt (solo) – Will Hunt
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR PERFORMERS:
– These set times are approximate. Please arrive 45 minutes prior to your set.
– Each act will have roughly 15 minutes, including the 2 to 3 minutes needed for judges’ feedback. Please plan your 2 to 3 songs accordingly.
– Participants are not required to sing any original material, however, a points bonus will be given in the scoring if one original is performed.
– The stage will be set with 1 monitor, 2 microphones (Shure Beta58) on boom stands. Please bring guitar and/or keyboard cables.
– This week’s judges: Chelsea Berry (singer-songwriter), Brian Alex (singer-songwriter, ENTRAIN), and Aurelia Nelson (North Shore 104.9)
This weekly event, hosted by Chris Langathianos, will showcase musicians – solo performers, duos, trios & bands (no drums as setups must take less than 5 minutes) – allowing them to perform up to 4 songs. Songs may be covers or originals and the number of songs will be dependent on number of sign ups – at least 2 and up to 4 songs. Performers will play before a panel of judges. The judges panels will change from week to week and will be made up of local musicians, business owners, etc. After each performance, judges will provide their live feedback to the performer and audience. A confidential score card will be kept, and a weekly winner will be announced at the end of the evening.
After the 7 weeks of preliminaries, all 7 finalist and 1 wild card will return for week 8 to perform 3 songs – 1 MUST BE AN ORIGINAL – before a panel of celebrity judges. 3 winners will be selected and will go home with a piece of the $1,000 cash prize. 1st place / $700, 2nd / $200, and 3rd / $100.
1. Performers may participate on a weekly basis but may only win one week.
2. In the event of high demand for performance spots, the event host reserves the right to move previous performers further down the list.
3. All audio equipment is provided – PA, microphones, stands, and monitors.
Performers may register for a performance slot 1 week prior to the weekly event – starting on Wednesday. Performers may register through by leaving a request/comment on this event page https://www.facebook.com/events/232570887157735/or by emailing Chris Langathianos at email@example.com
If you have any questions, they may be directed to Chris at the email above.