Monthly Archives: November 2015
Catch Up…Sharing 12 Items.
Gloucester Downtown Catch Up…Sharing 12 Items
Hello my fellow business partners…
Your Gloucester Downtown Association has been busy putting together promotions for the 2015 Christmas Season. I want to share with you 12 items you need to know to have a successful season. So let us start.
- November 21 – The $1500 Shopping Spree is in effect. Make sure you give your customers a coupon with purchase. The Drawing will be on December 20.
- November 27 – Black Friday, participating stores are asked to open early and and have some Wicked Good Specials.
- November 28 – Small Business Saturday…shop local!
- November 29 – The 34th annual Christmas Parade kicks off at 3 pm and will march though Main Street to the tree lighting ceremony at Kent Circle.
- December 3 – 5 to 10 pm is the 42nd Ladies Night. Main Street business will be offering refreshments, special discounts and a whole lot of fun.
- December 10 – 5 – 10 pm 2nd Annual Employee Night
- December 12 – Middle Street Walk
- Letters to Santa – We are looking for a few key locations to distribute blank letters to Santa which will be given to Santa by children on December 12 and a winner will be chosen for a $100 gift certificate to Toodeloos. Let me know if you want to help distribute Santa’s Letters.
- December 12 – 12-5 pm Friends and Family Night December 12 – Santa will be at the La Tractoria Restaurant Function Hall from 12-4 pm. Santa will be there to meet children, give out a treats and be available to take photos. Thank you Jane Fonzo for letting our Santa use the building for the afternoon.
- December 17 – 40th Men’s Night
- December 20 – Shopping Spree Drawing
- Downtown is now done up for Christmas, thank you to the City of Gloucester for making the decorations possible through the Downtown Development Commission. Good job making the city festive for the Holidays. Thank you also to Ringo Tarr and family for making the Kent Circle Christmas tree a realty. A hearty salute to Art Haven for putting together the downtown Lobster trap Tree .
So here you have it, plenty events going on, we are ready to start our selling season.
I’ve been trying for some time to get a time lapse of the sun coming up between the Twin Lighthouses. I haven’t had time to look at the footage but if the camera wasn’t jostled by the wind, I may have gotten the shot and will post the footage this weekend.
Priva is staying on campus for Thanksgiving, so we were forced to visit her at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Fla.
The sacrifices grandparents are forced to make.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Good Night Moon
No-Bake Cranberry Velvet Pie
No-Bake Cranberry Velvet Pie
1 6oz. Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 8 oz. Cream Cheese; at room temperature
1 14 oz. Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 combine all ingredients in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment; mix on medium-low speed 1 minute
2 pour creamy mixture into pie crust cover with Pie Crust clear lid; freeze 6 hours
3 remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving
4 serve with dollop of fresh whipped cream
Breaking News: Former Hot Wing Challenge Champ Big Lar Issues A Statement To The @FarmBarGrille–”I’m coming out of retirement and Will Take On All Challengers!”
After a four year hiatus the former champ who had been far removed from society is fired up and ready to reclaim his former glory in the GMG Farm Bar and Grille Hot Wing Challenge.
After four years off the circuit the only question remains- Does the Former Champ still have the will and desire to push through and take home another victory?
Only Time Will Tell!
Mary Deland Strain from Migis Lodge in Casco Maine enjoys her Visit to Gloucester.
Cranberry Orange Torte
¾ cup salted butter softened
1½ cups granulated sugar, plus ¼ cup
1 12oz. bag fresh cranberries
1 cup flour
2 large eggs
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon of fresh orange rind
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
Step by Step
1 Combine butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer, beat on medium high speed 3 minutes until fluffy
2 Add flour, eggs, nuts, orange rind, and extracts; mix 1 minute on low speed
3 Place cranberries in colander; rinse under cold water; strain; sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over cranberries; toss to coat all cranberries evenly with sugar
4 Using rubber spatula fold sugared cranberries evenly into batter
5 Prepare two 9 inch glass pie plates with bakers joy cooking spray
6 Divide batter into two equal halves
7 Spread each batter half into one prepared pie plate
8 In preheated 350 degree oven bake 1 hour; cool 15 minutes
9 Serve with Vanilla Bean ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
Makes 2 Torts
First Happy Thanksgiving..
Saturday Clean up
Where: Main Street
When: Saturday, November 28, 2015
Time: 8:00 – 9:00…
Please park at near City Hall since it is also Small Business Saturday and the building of the Lobster Trap Tree.
PLEASE RMEMBER TO SHOP LOCAL
Ever had days when you feel like you just can’t win? Welcome to every day for Mr. and Mrs. Flying Fish.
UUSR 2015 Holiday Fair
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Rockport will hold its annual Holiday Fair on December 4, 2015 from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church, 4 Cleaves Street, Rockport. Among the exciting offerings this year will be:
- Unique Gift Baskets–gift-ready baskets for every taste, interest, and price
- Original Art–small paintings by local artist
- Bling!–lovingly restored jewelry and accessories
- Children’s Shopping Emporium–gifts priced just-right for children shopping for family, teachers, and friends
- Thrift Shop–freshly stocked with a supply of bargains for holiday gifts and decorations
- Hand-Made Crafts–wonderful one-of-a-kind gifts
- Potted Plants–many options dressed for the holidays
Raffle Tickets–take a change on even more holiday joy
- Bake Sale and Hot Cider–busy shoppers deserve a holiday treat
For more information: 978-546-2989 firstname.lastname@example.org