The Second Annual Band Camp. Saturday & Sunday August 23-24 Essex, Ma.
Join Cynthia Sweet and Peter Hoare as they host the second annual BAND CAMP/essex on their sprawling property in Essex, Massachusetts. This year’s event will take place a month earlier than last year and should allow for fun in the sun and a warmer night of camping.
BAND CAMP is a weekend of live music, fun friends, and camping that is not to be missed!
This year’s musical lineup will include Just Like Newman, The Joe Wilkins Band, Bradley Royds, Brian Jarvis and Chris Phillips.
Also, On Saturday afternoon, we will have a very special guest performance by Fozzie Hill. Fozzie doesn’t perform too often on Cape Ann, and when she does, she packs
them in, so we are honored to welcome her and introduce our campers to her! Fozzie will perform after 4pm.
Tickets are available through BrownPaperTickets.com, and just like last year, we have a suggested donation of $20. What does your donation cover, you ask?
1. Music – all musicians are paid. We believe that all musicians should be paid for performing, and what we are able to pay depends solely on how many people attend and how many actually make the suggested donation.
2. Beer – like last year, we will be providing a couple of kegs of beer.
3. Porta-Potties – there are a lot of people in one spot, so we make sure we have plenty of places to “go”.
4. Insurance – not glamorous, but a necessity.
5. Incidentals – like plates, napkins, condiments, ice, wood to build the stage, light rental, etc.
6. Fire extinguishers – since we are doing this in the middle of summer this year – and it has been dry – we need to provide several fire extinguishers where ever there are campfires.
You get the picture. It costs money to have fun.