Community Stuff 1/15/14
Alchemy will be hosting it’s next Art Gala this Wednesday, January 15th from 5:30- 7:00. We will be featuring local photographer Alex Rose from Rockport. 10% of all art sales are donated to GEF.
Artist Info: Alex Rose, 26 is a freelance photographer from Rockport, MA. In 1999 when he was in middle school, Alex began taking pictures of friends, family and landscapes. He continued to explore the camera over the years while he travelled through the U.S. and Europe. He used film exclusively until 2009 when he began using his first D-SLR camera. Though heâ€™s never taken his photography too seriously, he has developed a definite aversion to using any kind of Photoshop or editing software. All of his photos are manipulated through camera settings and lens filters.
Today I have on my Girl Scout hat!
We are having a recruitment for Cape Ann Girl Scouts on January 18th at Sawyer Free Library.
Would you please post the attached flyer on goodmorninggloucester.org?
It is definitely the best way to publicize anything going on in Gloucester!!!!!
Thank you… again…!!!
Director of Downtown Lynn Cultural District DEADLINE FEB 3
We are seeking a professional to take the lead in implementing the mission of the Downtown Lynn Cultural District. This is a highly visible role ideal for someone with strong events planning experience and who possess a passion for the arts. She or He possess a collaborative work style and can deliver high quality, district wide events to appeal to a wide range of audiences.
The Downtown Lynn Cultural District, established in 2012, has as its mission “to engage Lynn residents and visitors in a revitalized urban experience that has arts and culture at its core.” Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Lynn Museum, the Director of the Downtown Lynn Cultural District (DTL) coordinates the District’s cultural affairs operations and events and is directly responsible for management, marketing, and grant writing/fundraising to support the District’s cultural affairs and creative economy programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement processes for engaging and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the community whom are interested in developing district-wide arts and cultural events.
- Create regularly scheduled, collaborative District programs that highlight the vibrant ethnic diversity and unique concentration of arts organizations in the District. Develop an annual downtown arts festival and other programs that build audience and promote economic development for the city. Work with City departments to assure success in coordination of activities.
- Forge new relationships to help build diverse audiences and encourage Lynn’s immigrant populations to participate in cultural activities.
- Design and implement a method for evaluating the effectiveness of programs/events.
- Seek public and private financial support for collaborative cultural programs and activities.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
Marketing and Communication Skills:
- Oversee brand, marketing, and public relations goals for the District. Maintain web, social media strategies and online calendars and keep brand and marketing strategy on track. Further develop the District’s marketing plan to increase visibility and attract artists/creative.
- Communicate with stakeholders and the greater community about the work of the District.
- Leverage and optimize traditional media opportunities, online social media and the organization’s database to raise awareness and communicate with current and new audiences.
Advocacy and Community Relations/Partnerships:
- Represent the Cultural District at community cultural events and exhibits.
- Create a forum for the coordination of cultural activities including networking of resources and production of promotional materials. Create press releases, flyers, ads, banners, web content and other marketing materials to promote and publicize the District’s cultural life.
- Serve as the City of Lynn’s liaison to other local, state, regional and federal cultural agencies, including the Massachusetts Cultural Council, New England Foundation for the Arts, and National Endowment for the Arts and the Humanities.
- Serve as the Cultural District liaison to the business community in the City of Lynn. Advance partnerships among cultural, business, and higher education communities.
- Position the Downtown Lynn Cultural District as the key leader in advocacy for the cultural community.
- Brief city officials and business leaders about the economic and social impact of the arts in our community.
· Oversee all financial aspects of the organization and provide administrative management of its operation.
· Oversee part-time Cultural District Programs Coordinator and Communications coordinator.
- Thorough knowledge of cultural program development, event planning, grant writing, budgeting, marketing and public relations and non-profit management
- The ability to plan programs, delegate tasks and coordinate large-scale, district-wide events
- Working knowledge of Lynn’s creative economy a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree in fine arts, cultural studies, urban studies or other relevant discipline. A graduate degree in arts administration or an arts or cultural related discipline is preferred.
- At least 5 years cultural program administration experience that includes event marketing and management of which at least 3 years are in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends on a routine basis.
- Knowledge of Spanish, Khmer, Russian or another language a plus.
How To Apply: please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by: February 03, 2014
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hi my is Robert Trott out of troop112 working on my Eagle Scout Project and having a fundraiser at Gloucester House on February 8 to help restore Riverdale Civil Wars Monument and wondering if you can post this if you need more call or email me thank you Robert Trott