City Of Gloucester Snow Emergency Parking Ban Starts At 8PM 1/21/13
During a snow event the Mayor may declare a snow or ice emergency (City of Gloucester Ordinance Section 22-178). During this time parking on public and private ways within the city is banned. Notification of this parking ban is sent to the Gloucester Daily Times, Cape Ann TV, Beacon, Globe, WBZ TV, WBZ Radio, WCVB, WHDH, and NECN. There are also blue lights located at City Hall Tower (all four sides), the Boulevard (near Fishermen Wives Statue), Magnolia Fire Station, Bayview Fire Station, and Flannagans Gas Station. When these lights are on, there is a parking ban in effect.
You can also use the Notify Me function of this web site to be informed of alerts when they are posted. Choose the ‘Weather/Environmental’ item under the ‘Alert Center’ heading.
Where Can I Park?
Off-street parking areas include (City of Gloucester Ordinance Section 22-288):
- Harbor Parking Lot (near Gloucester House Restaurant)
- Main Street Parking Lot
- Manuel F. Lewis Parking Lot
- Pleasant Street Parking Lot
- St. Peter’s Square (Town Landing Parking Lot)
- Fitz Hugh Lane Lot (Roger’s St next to TD Bank)
- Boynton Way Lot (off Rogers St in between Pilot House lot and House of Mitch)
School Parking Lots may also be used for off-street parking