Tag Archives: GINGERBREAD HOUSE CONTEST
Thank you for your interest in the Gingerbread House Contest, presented in conjunction with the
community’s annual Middle Street Walk. This year the Walk will be on December 11th.
1.The contest is open to everyone.
2. Contestants may submit entries either individually, or as a group. More than one entry may
3. All entries must be made entirely of gingerbread and decorated with candy or other edible
embellishments. Anything that appears on the house must be edible. Contestants may
decorate their entry with non-edible figures, material, etc. However, these embellishments
may not be connected to the house in any way. Everything that appears on, or is connected
to, the house must be edible.
4.The gingerbread house submitted may take any shape, form or size. Creativity is encouraged
and contestants should model their houses on places real or imaginary, basic or elaborate.
5. Each entry must be submitted on a cardboard, wooden or plastic base. There is no standard
size or shape for the bases although it must be larger than the house.
6. Entries must be dropped off at Kyrouz Auditorium in Gloucester’s City Hall either Thursday,
December 9th between the hours of 8:30 AM and 6:30 PM or on Friday, December 10th
between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM. There is an elevator in case you need it as the
Auditorium is on the second floor. Judging will occur prior to the start of the Middle
Street Walk which begins at 11:00 AM on Saturday, December 11th and ends at 4:00 PM.
Entries will be on display to the public that day at City Hall until it closes at 3:00 PM.
Contestants can pick up their houses at that time or can pick them the next week during
regular City Hall hours.
7. Prize ribbons will be awarded in numerous categories as stated on the entry form.
8. Please let us know if you are planning to submit a gingerbread house by registering over the
phone to either of the following contacts: Barbara Catalini of Cakes by Barbara at 978-
281-0639 or Jan Bell at 978- 283-1107, or Gloria Parsons at 978-283-9292
Points will be given:
For the degree of difficulty and creativity
Uses of edible confections and decorations
Points will be taken away:
For use of plastics. However, you may use a