Jazz legend Larry Coryell and renowned guitarists Ken Bonfield and Steve Davison will lead an inspiring tour of the world of American fingerstyle guitar in a benefit for the Society for the Encouragement of the Arts on Nov. 19. “Celebrating the Guitar: A Masters’ Showcase” will feature country blues, ragtime and folk, traditional Celtic, jazz and classical pieces in an intimate café-style setting, appealing to fingerstyle guitar aficionados and newcomers alike.
The concert will feature three of the most talented guitarists performing today in a single venue. Coryell, one of the world’s acknowledged guitar masters, has recorded 75 albums over the past 40 years. The New York Times called him “a true pioneer of rock-jazz fusion.” Bonfield, a Gloucester resident who has toured nationally since 1994, was called “one of the best guitarists recording today” by Wind &Wire. Davison, who released his debut “White River Suite” this year, has teamed with Bonfield on the “Artistry of the Guitar” tour around the country.
- “Larry (Coryell) has remained in the pantheon of great jazz guitarists for more than 40 years.”- Jim Wadsworth Productions
- “(Ken) Bonfield’s music always evokes strong emotions and vivid images… (he) may be the best acoustic guitarist recording today. ” – Wind and Wire
- “Cafés and other venues ought to be booking the 52-year-old (Steve) Davison … It is really good to see someone at the top of their game.” – Arkansas Times
Tickets for “Celebrating the Guitar: A Masters’ Showcase,” are on sale now for $75 before Oct. 31 and $85 thereafter at http://tinyurl.com/searts-2010-benefit or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Bass Rocks Golf Club is also home to seARTS original “Art Loan Program” and the arts on the walls are original works for sale by 24 seARTS artist members. The evening will also feature over a dozen ceramic artists of Cape Ann whose work will be on display and for sale to benefit seARTS.
WHAT: “Celebrating the Guitar: A Masters’ Showcase”
- Jazz legend Larry Coryell and renowned guitarists Ken Bonfield and Steve Davison to play a concert featuring American fingerstyle guitar
- Fall fundraiser for the Society for the Encouragement of the Arts
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 19
- 6 p.m. Art Show Walk-around
- 6:30-7:30 Hearty Hors D’Oeuvres
- 7:30-10PM Music
WHERE: Bass Rocks Golf Club, 34 Beach Road, Gloucester
- Note: Intimate café-style setting; seating is limited
TICKETS: $75 before Oct. 31; $85 thereafter Contact email@example.com or http://tinyurl.com/searts-2010-benefit
The Society for the Encouragement of the Arts is a coalition of individual artists, art organizations, cultural and civic groups, and businesses working to improve the economic base for the arts on Cape Ann, and to promote Cape Ann’s thriving arts community and rich arts heritage. The Society for the Encouragement of the Arts has been a recipient of the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Adams Arts Fund for Cultural Economic Development and the Boston Foundation’s Bruce J. Anderson fund.
CONTACT: Jacqueline Ganim-DeFalco
Society for the Encouragement of the Arts
978.281.1222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org