New to the area in the last year and I just discovered your site. Good stuff! I’m lovin’ gettin to know Cape Ann and your site is going to be a big help.
My pals and I are beginning an odyssey of sorts to have a drink at every bar on Cape Ann, starting with the bars, taverns and pubs of Gloucester. The only rule is that the establishment must have an actual bar to sit at. I have a list going based on visual and web reconnaissance and I was wondering if you could help me out with any places I am missing. After Gloucester, we’ll do ever bar in Essex, Manchester, Ipswich, Hamilton/Wenham and Beverly. Maybe after that we’ll start over in Gloucester!
The List, in no particular order:
1. Latitude 43. 25 Rogers St
2. Topside Grill. 50 Rogers St
3. Dog Bar. 65 Main St
4. Crows Nest. 334 Main St
5. Stones Bar. 242 Main St
6. The Rhumb Line. 40 Railroad Ave
7. Cape Ann Brewing Co. 11 Rogers St
8. Azorean. 133 Washington St
9. Franklin Cape Ann. 118 Main St
10. Halibut Point. 289 Main St
11. JD & Meyers. 24 Lexington Ave
12. St Peter’s Town Landing. 46 Commercial St
13. Smokin’ Jim’s Bar-B-Q. 121 E Main St
14. Mile Marker One. 75 Essex Ave
15. The Rudder at Rocky Neck. 73 Rocky Neck Avenue
16. Madfish Grille. 77 Rocky Neck Avenue.
17. Oceans Edge Restaurant. 171 Atlantic Road. Closes at 9pm.
18. Espresso Italian Grille & Pub. 116 East Main St.
19. Seaport Grille. 6 Rowe Square Gloucester, MA
20. Alchemy Café and Bistro. 3 Duncan Street
21. Passports Restaurant. 110 Main Street.
22. Jalapeno’s. 86 Main St.
23. Pilot House BBQ Restaurant. 3 Porter Street
24. Minglewood Tavern. 25 Rogers St
25. Horizon Chinese Rest. 4 Rogers St.
26. Giuseppe’s. 2 Main St.
27. House of Mitch.
Catch 22 or whatever it is called now
Any suggestions you have will be appreciated and appropriately acknowledged on our forthcoming blog.