Rockport Senior Center Happenings
March 6th 9 AM Free Continental Breakfast & Social Hour, Call for Reservations, 978-546-2573
Beginner Computer Classes starts on Thursdays, March 7th from 1-3:30. 4 weeks for $40.00. Call 978-546-2573
Flower Show at the Seaport World Trade Center on Wednesday, March 13th. Cost is $31.00 and includes Admission & Transportation. Call Diane for tickets at 978-546-2573
Specialized Telephone Equipment March 20th at 10 AM at the Rockport Senior Center. If you have trouble hearing on the telephone this equipment is something you would like to see. It prints out your conversion on a screen for you to read it. Free, please call for reservations.
March 14th St Patrick’s Day Luncheon 11:30 with Comedian Mel Simons
Corned Beef & Cabbage, Carrots & Turnip, Potatoes with parsley, Irish Soda Bread and Blarney Stone Parfait (minted pudding with topping) $2.00 Call Freda for reservations 978-546-5027
If you need a ride to any of the events, call Diane at 978-546-2573 and she can help you fill out a form for CATA to pick you up at home and drop you at the Senior Center. This is a one time application process.
Free Pediatric Speech & Language Screening!
- Who?: Children ages 18 months to 18 years old.
- What?: Free speech/language screenings that are 15-20 minutes long to identify if your child is developmentally appropriate in terms of their speech, language, or feeding skills. If you child qualifies for further evaluation, a speech/language pathologist will assist you in scheduling a comprehensive speech/language evaluation.*
- Where?: Speech-language therapy outpatient clinic at Beverly Hospital in Beverly , MA and Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester , MA
- When?: March 4, 2013 through March 29, 2013. Times available at Beverly Hospital and at Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester. Appointments required.
- Why?: Speech and language development in children can vary across children with and without the presence of disorders. Speech therapy offers a wide variety of services including articulation (speech) therapy, receptive language (ability to understand language), expressive language, memory, auditory processing skills, reading/writing, social skills, and feeding/swallowing skills. Our licensed speech-language pathologists have experience with a wide variety of patients across the life span. Early identification and intervention is key!
- How?: Please call 978-816-2690 (Beverly) or 978-283-4000 x141 (AGH) to schedule your free screening today! Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions or comments.