Help us Decorate by printing and posting Art Haven’s poster! (attached)
Please print out and share this wonderful poster, a unique and custom welcome for MCC, designed by Art Haven, a founding cultural partner. We’re hoping residents, businesses, and organizations throughout the district at street level or above will put it in their window or door for that day. Founding partner, the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce will disperse it to its members. GMG will post it to request that folks display it for us. Fred Bodin is also reaching out to his network to encourage printing/posting! We hope all the partners print/display and share with others.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN HANDLE 8MB FILE OR PDF and thank you ART HAVEN!
Review the Itinerary
The MCC site visit will start at 10 AM with a check in at the Cape Ann Museum. This will only be a quick stop prior to the first meeting, but will give the committee a chance to greet the delegation, distribute literature and prepare information about the venues and businesses within the proposed CD, and offer them a place to stash any items that they might want later in the day.
· 10:00 AM Cape Ann Museum steering committee will welcome MCC/check in/home base
· 10:30 the MCC delegation will meet at City Hall with city officials, coffee and pastries courtesy Cape Ann Coffee
· 11:30 the walking tour begins and will include 7 stops (not more than 5 minutes each) with pointing and discussion along the way.
The proposed DGCD footprint very roughly spans from St.Peter’s/the Chamber side over to Gortons, and from City Hall to Maritime Gloucester. This means it includes the Civic jewels, all of Middle, all of Main, all of Harbor Loop, our waterfront, and Rogers until Rose Baker. It’s the same footprint used for decades and that we all know. We’ll be included in a select group that receive designation and will be marketed with 5 others on the North Shore. We will be the first town in the state with two cultural districts! It mirrors the HarborWalk’s, the Chamber of Commerce’s, Discover Gloucester, and Maritime Trail mapsl, etc–everyone’s efforts to maintain the integrity of downtown and historic harbor area. It will likely increase what is already great and working. Our downtown works hard to offer residents, visitors and employees fantastic experiences!
1)Sawyer Free, Dale Avenue
2)UU Church, Middle Street
3)Legion Hall/Joan of Arc, the west perimeter boundary
4)Café Sicilila, West End, Main Street
5)Maritime Gloucester, Harbor Loop
6)Rose Baker Senior Center
· 12:30-1:30 Lunch Break Halibut Point, followed by quick pop in to Alexandra’s bakery to pick up “to go” treats for MCC guests
· 1:30-2:00 walking tour continues along Main to end point, roundtable discussion
7)Art Haven, Main Street
· 2:00PM- 3:00PM MCC meets with partners at Fred Bodin’s, chair rental delivery courtesy our own “Party Rental Gloucester”
· 2:45 PM or 3PM other folks who may want to meet MCC are welcome to stop by
Peek at one page tally sheet on the web site (a draft of MCC handout to follow)