Are you a sculptor? Here’s a great opportunity!
This just in from Mark McDonough (you saw it FIRST on GMG, baby!)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Serenitee Restaurant Group Commissions Three Sculptural Light Fixtures for Next Restaurant
Gloucester, MA Sept 10, 2012 Calling all North Shore “found art” sculptors. Serenitee Restaurant Group is commissioning a large scale, sculptural light fixture over the bar at its next restaurant in Salem. The new restaurant is on the site of the former Greenland Café on Washington St. in Salem.
This sculptural art piece will serve as a principal focal point much the way the sculptural octopus functions over the sushi area at Latitude 43 in Gloucester. In addition, unlike the octopus sculpture, it will serve a critical functional and marketing role in the bar area. The primary functions of the piece include the following:
- Creates stem glass and wine or liquor storage accessible to bartenders
- General lighting (LED) and visual interest which creates richness and sparkle but no glare
- Incorporates found objects related to the bar trade and liquor manufacture, past and present
- Captures the visual variety and richness of the craft of mixology
- Creates a memorable impression both from within the restaurant as well as from the street
- Contributes to the brand and overall aesthetic experience in the restaurant
The approximate size of the piece will be roughly 4 to 5 feet high and 2 to 3 feet wide. It will be hung approximately 6’-6” above the floor.
Depending upon cost, two related chandeliers may also be commissioned for the front windows.
Please contact the owner Mark McDonough immediately to discuss the design if you are interested in submitting a proposal. Collaboration between artists with complimentary talents is encouraged but not essential. Proposals are due by Sept 28 and the winner will be announced Oct 1. The restaurant opens the first week in November. All artists will be given each other’s contact information.
185 Main St.
Gloucester, MA 01930