From Linn Parisi, Discover Gloucester Director, with thanks to Joey!
Joey generously asked if I’d want to share info about Discover Gloucester (aka Seaport Gloucester DMO or Destination Marketing Organization) in a weekly post. After a second of thought, I decided to tell readers some of what the volunteer based organization has been doing: Outreach beyond Gloucester to get visitors to come here and spend money while enjoying all the cool things we have here to see, do, eat, and buy.
The most recent Discover Gloucester outreach adventure:
- 3/2-4/2012: Co-op booth at the 3 day AAA Marketplace consumer show at Gillette Stadium’s Putnam East.
- 12 wonderful and enthusiastic partners helped man the booth in shifts.
- 18 local tourism businesses partnered with Discover Gloucester in the booth.
- 800 whale watch pins were handed out.
- 1937 consumers entered our raffle for 2 Discover Gloucester weekend packages and sets of whale watch tickets.
- 2200 Discover Gloucester Visitor Guides were handed out with partner brochures and an incentive offer flier.
- 17,000 consumers who can easily drive here for a day or more, attended the show.
- 2013: A double booth!
Next week: Report on attending The 3/25-28/12 Discover New England Summit, an International trade show.
Discover Gloucester, The Seaport Gloucester DMO
PO Box 6103 Gloucester, MA 01930 978-290-9723
Twitter: @DscvrGlstr FB: Discover Gloucester