Alchemy Bistro continues it’s “The Alchemy of Art” Gallery Series, a yearlong art showcase featuring local artists and benefiting arts education in Gloucester through the Gloucester Education Foundation. This month’s featured artist is Ellen “EJ” LeFavour. The April show will open Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 5:30-7:30 with an open gallery night at the bistro featuring complimentary appetizers, the music of Chelsea Berry and a chance to meet the artist.
In a statement from the artist, EJ shared, “I use my paintbrush, camera and computer graphics to express and pass on to others my joy and peace in life.
Since moving to Cape Ann, I have been focusing on both the natural beauty of the area, and the spiritual connection it imparts, as well as the historical significance of the area.
I hope my work instills a sense of peace in you, gives you joy and expands your love and appreciation of Cape Ann.”
EJ’s lives in Annisquam. Her works have won numerous awards and found homes in private collections around the world. Her path to the North Shore has taken her through Boston, Jamaica, Key Largo, and East Boston. She also runs Khan Studio which provides services for other artists and the general public which range from photographing . To view more of her work and that of other artists in Khan Studio, go to www.khanstudiointernational.com
All paintings are available for purchase on-site at Alchemy Bistro, 3 Duncan Street in Gloucester with cash or credit at the event and throughout the month. The series benefits the Gloucester Education Foundation with a 10% donation from the sale of all paintings throughout the year donated to that organization to support and grow arts programs in the schools. A year-end gala auction is in the works with 100% of the sale of auction proceeds also going to the GEF.
Alchemy would like to extend our Request for Artists and invite local artists who are interested in potentially showing their art at Alchemy to contact us and we will send out our “Guidelines for Consideration” package. Artists to be showcased in 2011 will be contacted by Alchemy. For more information please contact Matt Rose at email@example.com or at Alchemy at 978-281-3997. For information on the GEF and it’s mission go to www.thinkthebest.org
Search GMG Here
GMG Wins CBS Boston Most Valuable Blogger
2013 North Shore Magazine Readers Choice- Best Blog
GMG-North Shore Magazine Readers’ Choice & Editors’ Choice Award Winners
SubscribingIf you enjoy my little daily blog of life on the dock, feel free to subscribe. Its the best way to keep updated of fresh new posts.
Subscribe to GoodMorningGloucester by Email By Clicking Here Free
If you find any of the posts entertaining I really appreciate feedback in the comments section under each post.
We update every hour on the hour from early morning til night. Check Back Often!
Thanks for visiting -Joey
GMG Facebook Page
- Middle Street Walk Schedule wp.me/pa6CS-Qlx @SawyerLibrary @theHIVECenter @CapeAnnArtHaven @SargentHouseMus via @kidns #GloucesterMAJoey_C's Twitter Feed 1 hour ago
- RT @GlostaGourmet: All I can say "One of the Most Memorable" after attending maiden cruise Beauport Princess Jazz Brunch #gloucesterma http…Joey_C's Twitter Feed 2 hours ago
- Mark Your Calendars Dec 13th At Bodin Historic Photo GMG Holiday Party!! wp.me/pa6CS-PIR @CapeAnnGiclee @kimsmithdesigns @EJLefavourJoey_C's Twitter Feed 2 hours ago
- #GloucesterMA is out! paper.li/Joey_C/1332671…Joey_C's Twitter Feed 2 hours ago
- GloucesterCast 12/8/13 With Host Joey Ciaramitaro and Guest Toby Pett goo.gl/fb/2CbgSJoey_C's Twitter Feed 14 hours ago
The GloucesterCast Podcast
Free GMG Gloucester Sticker
As long as supplies last if any GMG folks want a bumper sticker but can't drop down the dock, just send a self addressed and stamped envelope longer then 7 and a half inches and I'll drop one in the mail for you.
Send the self addressed and stamped envelope to the dock at 95 East Main St Gloucester Ma 01930 care of Joey (put my name in big letters to make sure it gets to me)
Click For The GMG Theme Song Gloucester Til The End!
click here for categories
- It’s worth getting up by 9am on Sunday to catch “Curtain Up” on 104.9
- Allen Estes ~ Marina Evans ~ David Brown @ The Dog Bar, Sat. Dec. 7th, 9pm Do not miss this…
- Look at what’s coming for live music. By M.E. Productions and it’s so close to home!
- Christmas by the Sea, presented by The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce’s Manchester Division, kicks off this evening in downtown Manchester. There’s something for everyone as the town rings in the holiday season.
Click Pic For GMG Local Music Schedule
The GMG Video Podcast
Click Here For The Archives
- Updated With Up Close Photos!!! Holy Canoli Batman!!! Anyone Know What Kind Of Stealthy Boats Were Zipping Around Yesterday?
- The Awesome Foundation Comes to Gloucester
- FEMA flood map video From Kenny Mac
- Live from Beauport Princess
- How much do you tip on a $14.89 pizza delivery
- WWII Begins
- Chef Matt Beach’s Sublime Dinner
- Happy- John Lennon
- GMG New Local Business Announcement- Styles on Main In Former Tony Ciulla’s Barber Shop
- Community Photos 12/9/13
GMG Tree ProjectDonation Total for GMG Tree Project $461
Tree and Consultation Work By Doug Cook Landesign.biz
Labor help from Aaron Burke
Labor and Equipment From Grimes Landscaping
Labor and Equipment from Jay Ramsey and Farm Creek Landscaping
Plant Materials From Corliss Wholesale
Thanks for Everyone's Contributions. We Did It Together!
Click For Common GMG Topics2010 2011 2012 2013 Allen Estes Art Art Haven Beautiful Industry Beth Swan Block Party Cape Ann Cape Ann Animal Aid Cape Ann Community Cinema Captain Joe's Captain Joe and Sons Chickity check it! City Hall Concerts in Gloucester David B. Cox David Cox Donna Ardizzoni Downtown Gloucester Eats Ed Collard Eloise Essex Events in Gloucester Family Fiesta Fred Bodin gimmesound.com gloucester Gloucester at Dawn Gloucester Harbor Gloucester Ma Gloucester Music Gloucester Sticker GMG GMG Flickr Group GMG Sticker Good eggs Good Harbor Beach Good Morning Gloucester GoodMorningGloucester Greasy Pole Greg Bover Joey Ciaramitaro Kathy Chapman live music lobster Lobster Boat Madeline Marine Construction Music in Gloucester Passports Paul Frontiero Photography photos Rockport Rocky Neck Rubber Duck Saint Peter's Fiesta Schooner Seagull Sharon Lowe Sista Felicia Slide Show Snoop Maddie Mad St Peter's Fiesta The Bean Things to do Thom Falzarano photography Video What Up Homie? Working Boat
Subscribe Here if you would like
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 - 9:30pm
at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 - 5:00pm
with Kate Barry, Zach Gorrell & Steve Lacey at Cape Ann Brewery - 11 Rogers St., Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: (978) 282-7399
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 - 7:00pm
at Jalapenos Restaurant - 86 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-283-8228
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 - 9:30pm
HENLEY DOUGLAS JR
Funk Jamm and Soul Force V at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 - 8:00pm
dinner w/ Fly and a special guest Dan King - John Lennon Tribute at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 - 9:00pm
Joe Wilkins w/ Dennis Monagle and Joe Cardoza - Monagle Sessions at Minglewood Tavern - 25 Rogers Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-281-0223
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 - 9:00pm
at Dog Bar - 65 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-281-6565
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 - 7:00pm
SINGER SONGWRITER SHUFFLE
Nick COnsone, Patrick Nelson, Alex Chabot, Brian O'Connor, Alex Prezzano, Sean Coleman, Paul Mc at Giuseppe's Ristorante and Piano Bar - 2 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-879-4622
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 - 8:00pm
With Dave Saginario at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 - 8:30pm
DAVE SAG'S BLUES PARTY
with special guest Dennis Brennan and Matt Stubbs at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
- Mon, 9 Dec 2013 - 9:30pm OPEN JAM