Thank you for your interest in the Gingerbread House Contest, presented in conjunction with the
community’s annual Middle Street Walk. This year the Walk will be on December 11th.
1.The contest is open to everyone.
2. Contestants may submit entries either individually, or as a group. More than one entry may
3. All entries must be made entirely of gingerbread and decorated with candy or other edible
embellishments. Anything that appears on the house must be edible. Contestants may
decorate their entry with non-edible figures, material, etc. However, these embellishments
may not be connected to the house in any way. Everything that appears on, or is connected
to, the house must be edible.
4.The gingerbread house submitted may take any shape, form or size. Creativity is encouraged
and contestants should model their houses on places real or imaginary, basic or elaborate.
5. Each entry must be submitted on a cardboard, wooden or plastic base. There is no standard
size or shape for the bases although it must be larger than the house.
6. Entries must be dropped off at Kyrouz Auditorium in Gloucester’s City Hall either Thursday,
December 9th between the hours of 8:30 AM and 6:30 PM or on Friday, December 10th
between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM. There is an elevator in case you need it as the
Auditorium is on the second floor. Judging will occur prior to the start of the Middle
Street Walk which begins at 11:00 AM on Saturday, December 11th and ends at 4:00 PM.
Entries will be on display to the public that day at City Hall until it closes at 3:00 PM.
Contestants can pick up their houses at that time or can pick them the next week during
regular City Hall hours.
7. Prize ribbons will be awarded in numerous categories as stated on the entry form.
8. Please let us know if you are planning to submit a gingerbread house by registering over the
phone to either of the following contacts: Barbara Catalini of Cakes by Barbara at 978-
281-0639 or Jan Bell at 978- 283-1107, or Gloria Parsons at 978-283-9292
Points will be given:
For the degree of difficulty and creativity
Uses of edible confections and decorations
Points will be taken away:
For use of plastics. However, you may use a
Search GMG Here
GMG Wins CBS Boston Most Valuable Blogger
2013 North Shore Magazine Readers Choice- Best Blog
GMG-North Shore Magazine Readers’ Choice & Editors’ Choice Award Winners
SubscribingIf you enjoy my little daily blog of life on the dock, feel free to subscribe. Its the best way to keep updated of fresh new posts.
Subscribe to GoodMorningGloucester by Email By Clicking Here Free
If you find any of the posts entertaining I really appreciate feedback in the comments section under each post.
We update every hour on the hour from early morning til night. Check Back Often!
Thanks for visiting -Joey
GMG Facebook Page
Fredrik Bodin on Passports Sangria Recipe!… Kim Smith on Passports Sangria Recipe!… Fredrik Bodin on Passports Sangria Recipe!… Fredrik Bodin on Yo! No photo. Donna Ardizzoni on Look what we saw on our way to… Sista Felicia on Look what we saw on our way to… Paul Morrison &… on WWII Begins chuckerdu on WWII Begins Fredrik Bodin on WWII Begins Paul Korn on FEMA flood map video From Kenn… Gloria Parsons on 2013 Middle Street Walk S… Donna Ardizzoni on Look what we saw on our way to… Lowell Peabody on Look what we saw on our way to… Donna Ardizzoni on Look what we saw on our way to…
- @SistaFelicia: Boxwoods Up In the Hizzy Y'all! wp.me/pa6CS-Qnf @llograsso @MayorKirk @ShereeZizik @DeeNoble #GloucesterMaJoey_C's Twitter Feed 7 hours ago
- Middle Street Walk Schedule wp.me/pa6CS-Qlx @SawyerLibrary @theHIVECenter @CapeAnnArtHaven @SargentHouseMus via @kidns #GloucesterMAJoey_C's Twitter Feed 10 hours ago
- RT @GlostaGourmet: All I can say "One of the Most Memorable" after attending maiden cruise Beauport Princess Jazz Brunch #gloucesterma http…Joey_C's Twitter Feed 11 hours ago
- Mark Your Calendars Dec 13th At Bodin Historic Photo GMG Holiday Party!! wp.me/pa6CS-PIR @CapeAnnGiclee @kimsmithdesigns @EJLefavourJoey_C's Twitter Feed 11 hours ago
- #GloucesterMA is out! paper.li/Joey_C/1332671…Joey_C's Twitter Feed 11 hours ago
The GloucesterCast Podcast
Free GMG Gloucester Sticker
As long as supplies last if any GMG folks want a bumper sticker but can't drop down the dock, just send a self addressed and stamped envelope longer then 7 and a half inches and I'll drop one in the mail for you.
Send the self addressed and stamped envelope to the dock at 95 East Main St Gloucester Ma 01930 care of Joey (put my name in big letters to make sure it gets to me)
Click For The GMG Theme Song Gloucester Til The End!
click here for categories
- UPDATE: Cape Ann Winter Solstice Benefit Concert – Saturday Dec 21
- It’s worth getting up by 9am on Sunday to catch “Curtain Up” on 104.9
- Allen Estes ~ Marina Evans ~ David Brown @ The Dog Bar, Sat. Dec. 7th, 9pm Do not miss this…
- Look at what’s coming for live music. By M.E. Productions and it’s so close to home!
Click Pic For GMG Local Music Schedule
The GMG Video Podcast
Click Here For The Archives
GMG Tree ProjectDonation Total for GMG Tree Project $461
Tree and Consultation Work By Doug Cook Landesign.biz
Labor help from Aaron Burke
Labor and Equipment From Grimes Landscaping
Labor and Equipment from Jay Ramsey and Farm Creek Landscaping
Plant Materials From Corliss Wholesale
Thanks for Everyone's Contributions. We Did It Together!
Click For Common GMG Topics2010 2011 2012 2013 Allen Estes Art Art Haven Beautiful Industry Beth Swan Block Party Cape Ann Cape Ann Animal Aid Cape Ann Community Cinema Captain Joe's Captain Joe and Sons Chickity check it! City Hall Concerts in Gloucester David B. Cox David Cox Donna Ardizzoni Downtown Gloucester Eats Ed Collard Eloise Essex Events in Gloucester Family Fiesta Fred Bodin gimmesound.com gloucester Gloucester at Dawn Gloucester Harbor Gloucester Ma Gloucester Music Gloucester Sticker GMG GMG Flickr Group GMG Sticker Good eggs Good Harbor Beach Good Morning Gloucester GoodMorningGloucester Greasy Pole Greg Bover Joey Ciaramitaro Kathy Chapman live music lobster Lobster Boat Madeline Marine Construction Music in Gloucester Passports Paul Frontiero Photography photos Rockport Rocky Neck Rubber Duck Saint Peter's Fiesta Schooner Seagull Sharon Lowe Sista Felicia Slide Show Snoop Maddie Mad St Peter's Fiesta The Bean Things to do Thom Falzarano photography Video What Up Homie? Working Boat
Subscribe Here if you would like
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 - 9:30pm
at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 - 5:00pm
with Kate Barry, Zach Gorrell & Steve Lacey at Cape Ann Brewery - 11 Rogers St., Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: (978) 282-7399
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 - 7:00pm
at Jalapenos Restaurant - 86 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-283-8228
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 - 9:30pm
HENLEY DOUGLAS JR
Funk Jamm and Soul Force V at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 - 8:00pm
dinner w/ Fly and a special guest Dan King - John Lennon Tribute at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 - 9:00pm
Joe Wilkins w/ Dennis Monagle and Joe Cardoza - Monagle Sessions at Minglewood Tavern - 25 Rogers Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-281-0223
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 - 9:00pm
at Dog Bar - 65 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-281-6565
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 - 7:00pm
SINGER SONGWRITER SHUFFLE
Nick COnsone, Patrick Nelson, Alex Chabot, Brian O'Connor, Alex Prezzano, Sean Coleman, Paul Mc at Giuseppe's Ristorante and Piano Bar - 2 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 - Phone: 978-879-4622
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 - 8:00pm
With Dave Saginario at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 - 8:30pm
DAVE SAG'S BLUES PARTY
with special guest Dennis Brennan and Matt Stubbs at The Rhumb Line - 40 Railroad Ave, Gloucester, MA - Phone: 978-283-9732
- Mon, 9 Dec 2013 - 9:30pm OPEN JAM