Olimpia owns “Stuff” on Main Street, an eclectic shop of items.
Good Morning Gloucester Questionnaire
How long have you lived in Gloucester?
What is your favorite season In Gloucester?
Do you have any secret outdoor spots in Gloucester where you go to “get away”?
My own home
What is your favorite pizza joint in Gloucester?
What is your favorite sub shop in Gloucester?
What place would you go for a romantic dinner in Gloucester?
Not sure, Passports
What is your favorite bar in Gloucester?
Don’t go to Bars
What is your favorite breakfast joint in Gloucester?
What is your favorite local event in Gloucester?
In the summer do you prefer the beach or to be on a boat? Niether
Who is your favorite local artist? Jeff Weaver
Which is your favorite local beach? Good Harbor
Who has the best chowder in town? Gloucester House
Excluding GMG what is your second favorite local blog? Don’t like most blogs
Do you prefer haddock chowder or clam chowder? Haddock
What were your thoughts on The Downtown Block Parties last year?
1. We need to close down Main Street one day a week during the summer. Doesn’t have to be at night! Change days , Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sundays
2. Each week have events at different points in the street, not always at the corner of Hancock and Main, or at the West End.
3. Move the events on a rotating scale.
4. Maybe have an auction, Block dance moving from one spot to another each week.
5. Different contests each week: Charge a small fee $2-$5 to try the item and vote
6. Have the dance schools only do a couple of dances, and once a month include the senior dancers. (Dancing was too long, but you need the dancing to bring the people down town……they bring the children!
7. If the 5th grade students are still doing the ballroom dancing for the school, as they to reunite to perform during the early part of the summer, or close the street down in late may for this show. ( I think Miss Tina puts that together)
8. Have the high school science class demonstrate their robotics, in May.
9. Artists painting with easels on the street.
10. Chalk drawings on the street…..Fiesta Committee might be able to let you know how they got the people that did the sidewalk chalk on the Boulevard.
11. Scavenger hunt
12. Find the secret item in a store window or store!
13. Bring the Farmers market to Main Street
I have many more ideas if you want them.